Does Walton have a new coach?

HC is loosing a class act in Cory Miller. If all the coaches at HC could be like CM.......HC would have kids flocking to the respective teams wanting to play. Instead there are some very talented kids not playing sports because of the coaching. WV will be the team to beat in years to come. Good luck Cory Miller and Dan Trame.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC is loosing a class act in Cory Miller. If all the coaches at HC could be like CM.......HC would have kids flocking to the respective teams wanting to play. Instead there are some very talented kids not playing sports because of the coaching. WV will be the team to beat in years to come. Good luck Cory Miller and Dan Trame.

I do have a problem with how this class act let his team know he was leaving. That's right -- he didn't and they all found out through the "rumor mill." Seems to me that could have been handled a lot better -- especially since he has not even had the traditional basketball banquet yet. Seems to me it's going to be very cold at that banquet from what I am told by the players he is leaving behind.

I do have a problem with how this class act let his team know he was leaving. That's right -- he didn't and they all found out through the "rumor mill." Seems to me that could have been handled a lot better -- especially since he has not even had the traditional basketball banquet yet. Seems to me it's going to be very cold at that banquet from what I am told by the players he is leaving behind.

Regardless of what you or anybody thinks......he is a class act. Yes, maybe it could have been handled better, but it is what it is. I'm sure you or anyone has done things that could have been handled better. Cory Miller is a good man and a great coach. He is loved and will be missed at HC. This is high school, he did not recruit players like a college to come to HC. He's not leaving anyone behind. As anyone might know, you don't make a lot of money teaching at the private schools. He has to go where the money is and maybe opportunity. He did a great job at the AD level at HC. He has what it takes to make a program shine. WV already has the rep as a great education program, now it's time to work on the athletic side. With football coming to WV, WV will be a very nice athletic program in the future.

Cory is a class act, as are ALL the coaches at HC.

There are no very talented kids not playing sports at HC because of the coaches.

Best of luck to both Cory and Danny in their new positions. They will both be missed.

Cory is a class act, as are ALL the coaches at HC.

There are no very talented kids not playing sports at HC because of the coaches.

Best of luck to both Cory and Danny in their new positions. They will both be missed.

I know for a fact there are and has been kids not playing sports at HC because of coaching.

I know for a fact there are and has been kids not playing sports at HC because of coaching.

Now these kids have no excuses for not playing, the coaches have moved on. I'm sure they will do an excellent job at WV. Congrats to the WV administration for their selections. :thumb:

Now these kids have no excuses for not playing, the coaches have moved on. I'm sure they will do an excellent job at WV. Congrats to the WV administration for their selections. :thumb:

No, there are still a few coaches in the boy's programs. Plus I'm not talking about Mr. Miller or Mr. Trame. Both are great teachers and coaches. The coaches that the kids does not want to play for a great teachers. They just do not relate well with the kids as a coach.

Excited to see what will happen with Walton the next few years, can't wait!

They've got two good coaches, alot of promising young players and now the parents should be excited about the possibilities. With the leadership, players and parental support, good things can happen at WV.

They've got two good coaches, alot of promising young players and now the parents should be excited about the possibilities. With the leadership, players and parental support, good things can happen at WV.

Are all of these young players staying at Walton? Meaning, are the freshman to be all coming back to Walton or heading for higher grounds?