Caracter going pro...

I do think he will be drafted. The reason is he will not be expected to play defense in the NBA. The reason he doesnt play a lot for Rick is:

1 Padget makes the team go.

2 His defense is average

3 He has had a hard time not being the man. Everywhere he has been the treated him like a king. He has a ego check. Now he is starting to understand. It's a shame that it took him so long.

DC is a prime example of what is wrong with AAU basketball.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think he will be drafted. The reason is he will not be expected to play defense in the NBA. The reason he doesnt play a lot for Rick is:

2 His defense is average

3 He has had a hard time not being the man. Everywhere he has been the treated him like a king. He has a ego check. Now he is starting to understand. It's a shame that it took him so long.

In reality, this statement is very far off.

2 His defense is average

Well, if he never intends on playing defense in the NBA, he will not last in the NBA beyond his first contract. Maybe the biggest misconception in sports.

How is this news? It's been very settled for some time. College isn't right for DC, Pitino's done what he can for him, and Pitino had to have a hard, yes-or-no answer during Samardo Samuels' recruitment.

DC will be paid to play basketball. Maybe he makes the NBA, maybe he doesn't. I have some faith that eventually his talent will out.

So are you saying Pitino is getting rid of DC so Samuels would come to UL?

Well, if he never intends on playing defense in the NBA, he will not last in the NBA beyond his first contract. Maybe the biggest misconception in sports.

Okay so who is a good defender amoung big men in the NBA? Now I will say there have been some good shot blockers. Every time I have seen a NBA game no one denies the ball to the post.

Okay so who is a good defender amoung big men in the NBA? Now I will say there have been some good shot blockers. Every time I have seen a NBA game no one denies the ball to the post.

That has a lot more to do with the three point line being really deep and the shooters being really skilled. That puts a lot more pressure (and a premium) on top notch interior defenders (which is why DC will not make it if he does not become a good defender). Let me put it this way. I really feel if an NBA team was going up a skilled team like UL, they would hold them to 40 points or less.

Basically most teams always have a couple of really good post defenders. Just off the top of my head I'll name a few. Okafor, Duncan, Camby, Garnett, Varejao, Boozer, Chandler, R. Wallace, B. Wallace, D. Howard, David Lee, Dalembert, Kaman, McDyess, Maxiell, Dampier, Turiaf, Diop, PJ Brown, etc. I could go on and on.

You can't always deny the post because of the size of an NBA floor and the spacing they create don't always allow for their to be a defender in good help position to stop the lob. Try watching the NBA some time, it will help you understand how pitiful Caracter will be at that level.

Try watching the NBA some time, it will help you understand how pitiful Caracter will be at that level.

Try watching Caracter sometime, he can actually dribble the ball fairly well, he has a pretty darn good jump shot that he never uses and he can bang with the best. His potential is unlimited but like I said, it's completely up to him on how far he takes his career.