Caracter going pro...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, in the NBDL draft. :thumb:

Nice cheap shot. You might find it interesting to know that DC, in limited action, has better numbers than any big man on UK's team. With the exception of Patterson.

If he does get drafted, it is on potential alone.

Nice cheap shot. You might find it interesting to know that DC, in limited action, has better numbers than any big man on UK's team. With the exception of Patterson.

If he does get drafted, it is on potential alone.

For one thing, its not a cheap shot. For another thing, UK's big men have nothing to do with this thread. I'm pretty sure his numbers are a joke in comparison to Patrick Patterson (well except for one number - lbs.). The NBA won't see alot of potential in a lazy, fat power forward that doesn't even start on his college team.

How is this news? It's been very settled for some time. College isn't right for DC, Pitino's done what he can for him, and Pitino had to have a hard, yes-or-no answer during Samardo Samuels' recruitment.

DC will be paid to play basketball. Maybe he makes the NBA, maybe he doesn't. I have some faith that eventually his talent will out.

I like U of L, but Derrick is nowhere near close to being at an NBA level. He won't get drafted, he'll go to the NBDL and may just be able to make it in the future. He lacks discipline in the most primative of ways. I hope he finds it, but I venture that DC will end up the butt of a "do you remember that big guy who got suspended indefinately, but played one game later? What was his name", almost all major programs end up with this sort of player, every now and then. One thing that amuses me, is the love that Pitino gets on recruiting. He misses more so, or at best as much as he makes a hit in his recruits.

The NBA won't see alot of potential in a lazy, fat power forward that doesn't even start on his college team.

Lazy is something that DC is hardly anymore. Why don't you lose 60 lbs. and then come talk to me. Laziness doesn't equate in that situation.

I like U of L, but Derrick is nowhere near close to being at an NBA level. He won't get drafted, he'll go to the NBDL and may just be able to make it in the future. He lacks discipline in the most primative of ways. I hope he finds it, but I venture that DC will end up the butt of a "do you remember that big guy who got suspended indefinately, but played one game later? What was his name", almost all major programs end up with this sort of player, every now and then. One thing that amuses me, is the love that Pitino gets on recruiting. He misses more so, or at best as much as he makes a hit in his recruits.

I agree with this and I want to add that I hope it works out best for him. I just don't think he's ready for the NBA.

Lazy is something that DC is hardly anymore. Why don't you lose 60 lbs. and then come talk to me. Laziness doesn't equate in that situation.

I have lost 60 lbs. in the last 6 months. Bet you didn't expect that :thumb: