Who are the top 15 players in the 2008 "Sweet 16"?

I find it laughable that so many players are being labeled as the fact that they could be a "great player" at the D1 level. Very few guys fall into this category and now about 6 or 7 kids from Kentucky are going to fall into that category from the same class? Please.

I agree 100%.:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to bump this thread, this guy here should be picking the longshots at the track, or playing the lottery!!!

No kidding! The funny thing is that even Eta Rho, a couple of posts after beleiveinblue suggested Pittman, dismissed putting Pittman on the list. Bottom line: NOBODY saw the break-out performance by Pittman in the state tourney coming.

Stop putting Miller in front of Hopson...It is not even close. Hopson should definitely be number 1 on everyone's list.

Should I re-post my list? Oops, nevermind... :sssh:

And everybody can put whoever they want, wherever they want. Get over it. Hopson is not the best HIGH SCHOOL basketball player.

I'll take a shot at it. I am going to list the best high school players I seen from the Sweet 16.

1. Darius Miller

2. Vee Sanford

3. Scotty Hopson

4. Landon Slone

5. Arrez Henderson

6. Mormon

7. Ricardo Johnson

8. Taylor Stewart

9. Tywan Edmonson

10. Russ Middleton

11. Elijah Pittman

12. Nathan Novosal

13. Ferguson

14. Whitaker

15. (tie) Faulkner twins

I'll take a shot at it. I am going to list the best high school players I seen from the Sweet 16.

1. Darius Miller

2. Vee Sanford

3. Scotty Hopson

4. Landon Slone

5. Arrez Henderson

6. Mormon

7. Ricardo Johnson

8. Taylor Stewart

9. Tywan Edmonson

10. Russ Middleton

11. Elijah Pittman

12. Nathan Novosal

13. Ferguson

14. Whitaker

15. (tie) Faulkner twins

Again, how can you put Slone and Sanford in front of Henderson when he outplayed both of them.

Slone had a good first round game, but it was against a poor defensive team. (The score proves my point). When both Slone and Sanford went up against a player who was on the same level as them, they were both shut down the whole game.

Lexcath

Henderson 10 points 11 rebounds

Sanford 8 points

Paintsville

Henderson 21 points (all in second half)

Slone 11 points

Again, how can you put Slone and Sanford in front of Henderson when he outplayed both of them.

Slone had a good first round game, but it was against a poor defensive team. (The score proves my point). When both Slone and Sanford went up against a player who was on the same level as them, they were both shut down the whole game.

Lexcath

Sanford 8 points

Paintsville

Slone 11 points

How many times do you want to hash this out?

How many times do you want to hash this out?

As many times as it takes to make people realize Henderson is obviously the better player. Numbers don't lie.

My question is this. If both are better than Henderson, why did they struggle when they went against him?

As many times as it takes to make people realize Henderson is obviously the better player. Numbers don't lie.

My question is this. If both are better than Henderson, why did they struggle when they went against him?

It is possible for people to have differing opinions from you. Novel idea, I know. It is possible he is a better player than Slone. No chance he is better than Sanford. You can play with numbers all you want, those that saw the game and know a thing or two about talent can tell you that Sanford is the better basketball player, especially seeing as how he is only a junior.

As has been stated many times, its not like Sanford is the first or second option, and maybe not even the third. Slone just did a poor job of moving without the ball in that game. Middleton ate Henderson up, are we saying Middleton is the best out of all those kids. I am definitely not saying that.

You will find a hard time convincing people to change their opinions. Once they are formed, not much will change. Deal with it.

It is possible for people to have differing opinions from you. Novel idea, I know. It is possible he is a better player than Slone. No chance he is better than Sanford. You can play with numbers all you want, those that saw the game and know a thing or two about talent can tell you that Sanford is the better basketball player, especially seeing as how he is only a junior.

As has been stated many times, its not like Sanford is the first or second option, and maybe not even the third. Slone just did a poor job of moving without the ball in that game. Middleton ate Henderson up, are we saying Middleton is the best out of all those kids. I am definitely not saying that.

You will find a hard time convincing people to change their opinions. Once they are formed, not much will change. Deal with it.

People do have their own opinions and that's why this is a PUBLIC forum so everyone can voice them. Doesn't mean they're right, but as you said doesn't mean they're wrong either.

Maybe Slone did a bad job at moving without the ball because Henderson was in his jock the whole night. There's a novel idea.

Middleton ate Henderson up? Didn't he only finish with 13 points which was 2 more than what Slone finished with and everyone said Henderson shut Slone down? So 2 points is a difference in shutting your man down and being ate up?? :rolleyes:

I'd say having Darius Miller guard you on the offensive side while scoring 18 points and holding your man to just 13 points on the defensive side is pretty solid.

People do have their own opinions and that's why this is a PUBLIC forum so everyone can voice them. Doesn't mean they're right, but as you said doesn't mean they're wrong either.

Maybe Slone did a bad job at moving without the ball because Henderson was in his jock the whole night. There's a novel idea.

Middleton ate Henderson up? Didn't he only finish with 13 points which was 2 more than what Slone finished with and everyone said Henderson shut Slone down? So 2 points is a difference in shutting your man down and being ate up?? :rolleyes:

I'd say having Darius Miller guard you on the offensive side while scoring 18 points and holding your man to just 13 points on the defensive side is pretty solid.

ER...Your beating a dead horse. Some have no clue about BB.

Lexcath

Sanford 8 points

Paintsville

Slone 11 points

Sanford did have an off game against Holmes, but in the 3 games I saw him play, Sanford was the better player. He made so many big shots that slammed the door shut basically against Owensboro and UHA. I love Henderson and think he is a great player, but I just thought Sanford was better. Also, as for Slone, he had to play a very tough game in the 1st round to win. He had 31 points and hit so many huge shots. Also, if you noticed, while Henderson is a great defender, it wasn't all Henderson. Holmes helped out a lot on Slone.

This is just my opinion. I believe Slone and Sanford are better all around. 1 thing both guys do a lot better than Henderson is shoot the basketball. In the finals I thought Henderson played extremely hard, but Miller basically was able to pick Henderson up around the free throw line.