Who are the top 15 players in the 2008 "Sweet 16"?

I think it was a post from someone in your area (see post 58) who put Ferguson in his Top 5. I do not think anyone is mentioning any of the Elliott kids in with Henderson, Hopson, Edmondson or Miller. That said size is the only thing keeping Ethan or Evan Fualkner from being in anyones top group as they are flat out basketball players! Your coach would take them in a minute!

I've seen Elliot play probably 10 times over the past two years. I'm not trying to take away from Ferguson or the Faulkner twins as they are very good players, I'm just saying they are at the bottom of top 15 players in the state.

And I'm sure any coach would love to have the Faulkner's, but not both of them would start for every team in the state. They fit Elliot's style of play which makes them so good and they compliment eachother on the court.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he's getting looks from D1 schools, we just haven't heard about it yet.

I know over the summer in an AAU article he was named as one of the top 15 players to watch this upcoming season from his class and age group.

I know for a fact that he has received mail from a big east school that is a former national champion after his freshman year at Taft. So yea he's being looked at, but lord he's only a sophmore. I wish we could all give these kids time to grow up without all the pressures of recruiting when they are freshmen and sophmores and just let them have fun and play the game without all the hype until they are really ready to look at their education at the next level.

I know for a fact that he has received mail from a big east school that is a former national champion after his freshman year at Taft. So yea he's being looked at, but lord he's only a sophmore. I wish we could all give these kids time to grow up without all the pressures of recruiting when they are freshmen and sophmores and just let them have fun and play the game without all the hype until they are really ready to look at their education at the next level.

UConn is the most recent Big East National Champ, so I'm assuming it's them.

I agree though about the hype and the pressure that comes with being recruited as freshman and sophomores. These days some kids are even getting looked at as 8th graders. That's ridiculous IMO.

Ferguson is extremely over rated. A lot of kids could get his numbers if given the time and shots that he gets. Ethan Faulkner is the main man for the Lions and the only Lion that could be considered a true D1 (low d1)prospect. Timmy Knipp possibly in the future if his attitude improves and learns to play hard each time out.

I tend to disagree with you on this one. The Ferguson kid will go D-1. Check the stats and you will see he is NOT overated. The Lions would not have near as many winns without him in the lineup. I think both Faulkners will get a free education also. By no means is Ferguson overated and I will tell anyone that face to face.:mad:

UConn is the most recent Big East National Champ, so I'm assuming it's them.

I agree though about the hype and the pressure that comes with being recruited as freshman and sophomores. These days some kids are even getting looked at as 8th graders. That's ridiculous IMO.

I'll I will say is that the team is a two seed in NCAA Tourny.

I tend to disagree with you on this one. The Ferguson kid will go D-1. Check the stats and you will see he is NOT overated. The Lions would not have near as many winns without him in the lineup. I think both Faulkners will get a free education also. By no means is Ferguson overated and I will tell anyone that face to face.:mad:

Correct me if I am wrong but I also believe I read last summer where Ferguson was playing on some pretty darn good AAU traveling teams and playing well out in Vegas tourneys against the country's best competition. This kid could be a very good D-1 player because of his work ethic, love of the game and shooting capabilities. I could see him at a Marshall or Western KY, etc. Maybe not a UConn or WVA but smaller D-1 and its JMO.

I'll I will say is that the team is a two seed in NCAA Tourny.

I could see R. Johnson playing at Georgetown (University). Their offense is one that he could thrive in and his athleticism would be a match to their style.

Ferguson is extremely over rated. A lot of kids could get his numbers if given the time and shots that he gets. Ethan Faulkner is the main man for the Lions and the only Lion that could be considered a true D1 (low d1)prospect. Timmy Knipp possibly in the future if his attitude improves and learns to play hard each time out.

Faulkner at 5-11 and playing the point is a better prospect than Ferguson at 6-0 and playing the wing/post. Here's another example, Jeff Mullaney is a point in one of the state's top 5 region. Led DeSales in scoring at around 20 per game and assists. He has better skills set and is looking for offers. Mullaney at 6-1 is and plays a position that at his height makes him a better prospect but has yet to receive a D1 offer.

Faulkner at 5-11 and playing the point is a better prospect than Ferguson at 6-0 and playing the wing/post. Here's another example, Jeff Mullaney is a point in one of the state's top 5 region. Led DeSales in scoring at around 20 per game and assists. He has better skills set and is looking for offers. Mullaney at 6-1 is and plays a position that at his height makes him a better prospect but has yet to receive a D1 offer.

Mullaney is a very good player & I hope he gets a D1 offer as I have heard he has been asked to walk on by a D1. Ferguson is a much better athlete & better shooter. True Mullaney could probably average 20 points in the 16th but that doesn't mean Fergusons could not avg 20 in the 6th or 7th. What you do not want to admit is that kids in the weaker regions can play in the stronger regions. That is not any type of knock on the stronger regions so what is the big deal with you about this??

Its not about avg points. Its about a skill set of a 6-0 footer. If your under 6-5 you better be a ball handler and passer. He is a very good shooter but 6-0 wings who can shoot are a dime a dozen.

You are correct but that is not what BGElite post was about.

I find it laughable that so many players are being labeled as the fact that they could be a "great player" at the D1 level. Very few guys fall into this category and now about 6 or 7 kids from Kentucky are going to fall into that category from the same class? Please.