Who are the top 15 players in the 2008 "Sweet 16"?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Ricardo Johnson Holmes Sophomore will enlighten many of you from downstate who havent had a chance to see him yet. He could be the next Darius Miller and I mean that. He dunks at will, has a great dribble drive, is long and athletic. He can also knock down the Jumper from 3pt land. Just keep your eye on that kid.

Top players IMO

Darius Miller-

Scotty Hopson

Taylor Stewart

Jonathan Ferguson -some may disagree but man this kid can fill it up.

Arrez Henderson

5 is all Im good for at this point.

I'll agree with this. Good list.

Not even in the top 4 on his own team in value and when I saw LC, he didn't even start.

Not only does he start but he is one of the best on his team! He has won more games for them than anyone on the team! Watch and see! I have watched 20 games or more this year.

IMO Ricardo Johnson Holmes Sophomore will enlighten many of you from downstate who havent had a chance to see him yet. He could be the next Darius Miller and I mean that. He dunks at will, has a great dribble drive, is long and athletic. He can also knock down the Jumper from 3pt land. Just keep your eye on that kid.

Top players IMO

Darius Miller-

Scotty Hopson

Taylor Stewart

Jonathan Ferguson -some may disagree but man this kid can fill it up.

Arrez Henderson

5 is all Im good for at this point.

Ricardo Johnson of Holmes will be the best player in his class by hiss enior year. If he grows like he should (6'5 now), he should be 6'6 or 6'7 by the time he's a senior and that will be as a guard.

Ricardo Johnson of Holmes will be the best player in his class by hiss enior year. If he grows like he should (6'5 now), he should be 6'6 or 6'7 by the time he's a senior and that will be as a guard.

Honestly I don't have any idea how Rico hasn't gotten any looks by now as far as recruiting goes... Even if he doesn't grow, a lot of DI schools can use a 6'5'' guy with his (still expanding) skill set...

Not only does he start but he is one of the best on his team! He has won more games for them than anyone on the team! Watch and see! I have watched 20 games or more this year.

It varies, I think sometimes Tribble has started instead. Vee is a good player. Best on the team?? I didn't think so only because his decision making isn't necessarily the best. He definately handles the ball the best as a PG in pressure situations but he takes some poor shots. As stated in another thread, Lex Cath isn't a team of one or two players but a complete team that has multiple players that fit their roles. Any one game a guy can step up. Vee is a huge part of the team, but its hard to claim a best player on Lex Cath's team.

It varies, I think sometimes Tribble has started instead. Vee is a good player. Best on the team?? I didn't think so only because his decision making isn't necessarily the best. He definately handles the ball the best as a PG in pressure situations but he takes some poor shots. As stated in another thread, Lex Cath isn't a team of one or two players but a complete team that has multiple players that fit their roles. Any one game a guy can step up. Vee is a huge part of the team, but its hard to claim a best player on Lex Cath's team.

One of the Best Player that what I said! Vee guards to best player on the other team. And can and will hit the bid shot also! You are right they are the best team. But I think he will stand out in the Sweet Sixteen. That all I have too say about Vee!

Honestly I don't have any idea how Rico hasn't gotten any looks by now as far as recruiting goes... Even if he doesn't grow, a lot of DI schools can use a 6'5'' guy with his (still expanding) skill set...

I'm sure he's getting looks from D1 schools, we just haven't heard about it yet.

I know over the summer in an AAU article he was named as one of the top 15 players to watch this upcoming season from his class and age group.

In your five, only one has zero offers. Edmondson has up to 3 or more D1 offers now, by default he should be in the top five but western Kentucky talent is ommitted from this board.

You are probably right, I dont have a lot of info on Western KY kids but I did read a lot about Edmonson in the All A and some said he stood out more than Hopson in that tourney. I will agree with you and say he can take Ferguson's place. I just think Ferguson is a true scorer even though undersized for D-1. He finds ways to get his 25 to 30 each night and I dont care if he is throwing up 25 shots because his FG % and 3pt % is right up there with the top 25 in the state. Tell me more about Edmonson. Who would you compare him to in college hoops?

Ferguson is extremely over rated. A lot of kids could get his numbers if given the time and shots that he gets. Ethan Faulkner is the main man for the Lions and the only Lion that could be considered a true D1 (low d1)prospect. Timmy Knipp possibly in the future if his attitude improves and learns to play hard each time out.

Ferguson is extremely over rated. A lot of kids could get his numbers if given the time and shots that he gets. Ethan Faulkner is the main man for the Lions and the only Lion that could be considered a true D1 (low d1)prospect. Timmy Knipp possibly in the future if his attitude improves and learns to play hard each time out.

Alot of kids could get his numbers or the Faulkner's simply from playing in the 16th region. Hate to take away from these kids as they're good players but IMO they shouldn't be considered in the same conversations as Henderson, Hopson, Edmondson, Novosel, Miller, etc. The aforementioned have all played tougher competition and proved themselves night in and night out.

Alot of kids could get his numbers or the Faulkner's simply from playing in the 16th region. Hate to take away from these kids as they're good players but IMO they shouldn't be considered in the same conversations as Henderson, Hopson, Edmondson, Novosel, Miller, etc. The aforementioned have all played tougher competition and proved themselves night in and night out.

I think it was a post from someone in your area (see post 58) who put Ferguson in his Top 5. I do not think anyone is mentioning any of the Elliott kids in with Henderson, Hopson, Edmondson or Miller. That said size is the only thing keeping Ethan or Evan Fualkner from being in anyones top group as they are flat out basketball players! Your coach would take them in a minute!