Who are the top 15 players in the 2008 "Sweet 16"?

Since alot of coaches will be scouting for talent in Rupp next week I figured I post my top 15 players in the sweet 16 as well as give other members an oppertunity to share who they feel are to players to look for in the tourney.

My Thoughts:

1.Darrius Miller-Mason County

2.Scotty Hopson-UHA

3.Landon Slone-Paintsville

4.Arez Henderson-Holmes

5.Tyshawn Edmonson-UHA

6.Trevor Setty-Mason County

7.Johnathan Fergason-Elliott Co

8.Ryan Young-Lincoln Co.

9.Taylor Stewart-Lexington Catholic

10.Nathan Novosel-Lexington Catholic

11.Brock Moorman-Owensboro

12.Nick Gagel-Jeffersontown

13.Shane Grimm-Paintsville

14.Stefon Perry-Paducah Tilghman

15.Jordan Hickman-Bardstown

15.Jordan Smart-Lexington Catholic

Others:Noah Keaton-Lincoln,Falkners-Elliott,Russ Middleton-Mason Co,Michael Campbell-Hazard,Rico Johnson-Holmes ...etc

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Holmes, everyone knows about the performance Arrez Henderson put on last year and what he'll do this year.

Sophomore Ricardo Johnson of Holmes will also be another that will give the fans something to talk about.

Middleton from Mason, and Ethan Faulkner from Elliott should be in top 15.

Middleton is and has been a key factor in the success of the Mason Co Team. He's cool and smart and is their best ball handler and passer. Key player and should be there. I can also say the same about Ethan Faulkner. He and his brother handles the press about as good as anyone that you will ever see.:ylsuper:

Definitely take Whitaker from Hazard over Smart. He does nothing but stand around and wait for a teammate to draw a defender so he can shoot.

Isn't the purpose of basketball to put the ball in the hole? Smart does that and that's why he's going to Vanderbilt.

Since alot of coaches will be scouting for talent in Rupp next week I figured I post my top 15 players in the sweet 16 as well as give other members an oppertunity to share who they feel are to players to look for in the tourney.

My Thoughts:

1.Darrius Miller-Mason County

2.Scotty Hopson-UHA

3.Landon Slone-Paintsville

4.Arez Henderson-Holmes

5.Tyshawn Edmonson-UHA

6.Trevor Setty-Mason County

7.Johnathan Fergason-Elliott Co

8.Ryan Young-Lincoln Co.

9.Taylor Stewart-Lexington Catholic

10.Nathan Novosel-Lexington Catholic

11.Brock Moorman-Owensboro

12.Nick Gagel-Jeffersontown

13.Shane Grimm-Paintsville

14.Stefon Perry-Paducah Tilghman

15.Jordan Hickman-Bardstown

15.Jordan Smart-Lexington Catholic

Others:Noah Keaton-Lincoln,Falkners-Elliott,Russ Middleton-Mason Co,Michael Campbell-Hazard,Rico Johnson-Holmes ...etc

I can't even fathom starting my own list, I haven't seen but 4-5 of the teams play. However, I like this list from what I know. And I can't believe no one has commented on the bolded above, though I tee-totally, 100% agree with it.

Definitely take Whitaker from Hazard over Smart. He does nothing but stand around and wait for a teammate to draw a defender so he can shoot.

What????

No need to knock Smart's game.....because he can play.

He may just be "standing around," but he can flat fill it up.

I can fill it up. Lots of other kids in the tourney can too, doesnt mean they are one of the best players. I'm not impressed.

Isn't the purpose of basketball to put the ball in the hole? Smart does that and that's why he's going to Vanderbilt.

He's also a walk on. What scholarship offers did he have? He's a taller kid that can shoot. If you are 6'5 or so, you better be able to do more than just shoot. I have seen no evidence of anything else.

What????

No need to knock Smart's game.....because he can play.

I dont knock. I call them like I see them. He can shoot, but what else?