Who are the top 15 players in the 2008 "Sweet 16"?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How far? Being on this site is just like going down to our old country store, There's always someone down there that knows more than you do. :lol:

I'm going to agree with him. Not a knock against Middleton, it's just Miller has such great court vision. I like Middleton at the 2 better than I do at the 1. Middleton has also come a long way and is being a lot more aggressive than years past and has helped him tremendously.

I'm going to agree with him. Not a knock against Middleton, it's just Miller has such great court vision. I like Middleton at the 2 better than I do at the 1. Middleton has also come a long way and is being a lot more aggressive than years past and has helped him tremendously.

I'm not from Mason Co but have seen them play about 7-8 times and I've seen different Mason Co boys have good and not so good games. It seems as though no one seems to give Middleton much credit, even his own people. He handles the press as well as anyone on the team. I think Miller is a great high school ball player but Middleton is more valuable than he gets credit for.

I'm not from Mason Co but have seen them play about 7-8 times and I've seen different Mason Co boys have good and not so good games. It seems as though no one seems to give Middleton much credit, even his own people. He handles the press as well as anyone on the team. I think Miller is a great high school ball player but Middleton is more valuable than he gets credit for.

Middleton is starting to play a lot better than he has in the past. There has been times where he folded under pressure (a year or two ago), but he has developed and has become a very valuble player to Mason Co. He is becoming a much more physical player.

Middleton should take the place of Setty in that top 15 and actually don't think Setty belongs in top 15 at all, he's just a spot 3 point shooter. Middleton does it all and still say if he hadn't gone down with an injury as a freshman a couple of years back in the state tourney Mason would have made it to the title game. Think Treg Setty will be the one that is a star in the making, has more bulk already and can shoot,rebound and dish as a freshman.

Middleton should take the place of Setty in that top 15 and actually don't think Setty belongs in top 15 at all, he's just a spot 3 point shooter. Middleton does it all and still say if he hadn't gone down with an injury as a freshman a couple of years back in the state tourney Mason would have made it to the title game. Think Treg Setty will be the one that is a star in the making, has more bulk already and can shoot,rebound and dish as a freshman.

Trevor Setty is playing better basketball than Russ Middleton. Yes, he can shoot 3's, but he can also drive into the lane and hit runners. Russ does the same thing that Setty does...spot up and try to hit 3's. That's where he gets a high percentage of his points from. Setty definitely belongs in the top 15, and maybe Russ does too...but right now I'd take Setty over Middleton. Hopefully he'll step up next week at state.

If you were to watch the region championship you would have seen Trevor take the ball to the basket quite a few times. Granted 15 of his 22 came off three's, but he is very capable of taking the ball to the basket with his length. Treg is going to be a very good ball player along with fellow freshman Neal Pawsat and Jordan Gilbert. Neal is younger brother of former Royal Brad Pawsat, and is already stronger in the weight room than his brother was. Neal is a very hard nosed player and puts it all out on the line. The Gilbert boy is the future PG for the Royals and can fill it up from the outside and is quick and can take care of the ball really well. I hope some of these young kids will get some experience in Rupp.

I'll admit, I haven't seen all the pg's in the 16 play. But....I can't imagine more than 2, tops that have the ability, and more importantly will, to lead a team and play the game the way that Ethan does. He gets overshadowed by Ferguson, another fine player on their team. Bottom line is. If this kid was 6' 4" every college in the country would be on his doorstep!

Honestly, he may end up having the most successful college career of the bunch - just based on his specialty of playing the PG position. Ethan is a great floor leader, knows when to do what, and makes the other players around him better. As we have joked about in other threads, he literally is a "coach" on the floor. :thumb:

Trevor Setty is playing better basketball than Russ Middleton. Yes, he can shoot 3's, but he can also drive into the lane and hit runners. Russ does the same thing that Setty does...spot up and try to hit 3's. That's where he gets a high percentage of his points from. Setty definitely belongs in the top 15, and maybe Russ does too...but right now I'd take Setty over Middleton. Hopefully he'll step up next week at state.

Did not mean to start a comparsion of one player against another. I think both should be in top 15.