An e mail I got of what Bush's resignation speech might look like if he resigned

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As some one stated earlier Henry Kissinger said that history will remember Bush fondly, and I trust Kissinger's opinion as much as anyone alive when it comes to these matters. To say Bush has ran this country in to the ground just isn't true, as has already been pointed out the only 2 things people say about Bush are the war and Iraq and gas prices. Frankly I haven't seen one person that could tell me with a straight face and not be lying that we are safer in America with Saddam in power, also as the email said gas prices are higher because of world demand. We in America have been living in a bubble for years with our gas prices which have been outrageously low by world standards and now that they are becoming about even with the rest of the world we just don't know what to do.

How did he run the country into a ditch?

Uh, hmmm, this may take a while. He started a war with no end in sight that we can't afford. He championed an all-new entitlement program we can't afford (Medicare drug benefit). He allowed runaway spending by pretty much anyone with a pulse in Congress for six straight years (that we also can't afford). He has run the federal budget deficit to a record level. He's damaged our relationships with countries that had been strong U.S. allies for decades, if not centuries. He's run roughshod over the Constitution with signing statements and has willfully disregarded U.S. law (e.g. FISA). He failed to enforce U.S. immigration laws after 9/11, when the need to do so should have become crystal clear...

Uh, hmmm, this may take a while. He started a war with no end in sight that we can't afford. He championed an all-new entitlement program we can't afford (Medicare drug benefit). He allowed runaway spending by pretty much anyone with a pulse in Congress for six straight years (that we also can't afford). He's damaged our relationships with countries that had been strong U.S. allies for decades, if not centuries. He's run roughshod over the Constitution with signing statements and has willfully disregarded U.S. law (e.g. FISA). He failed to enforce U.S. immigration laws after 9/11, when the need to do so should have become crystal clear...

Excuse me for not being more specific or clear in my initial question. Some of those things I agree with (sort of) but it is not what I was asking.

Maybe you and I have a different idea of "into a ditch". I, for one, believe that the US is by far the top country in the world in many ways. In now way are we in a ditch at all. I can't defend everything he did, but in no way are we in as dire a situation as you made it seem that he put us in.

Uh, hmmm, this may take a while. He started a war with no end in sight that we can't afford. He championed an all-new entitlement program we can't afford (Medicare drug benefit). He allowed runaway spending by pretty much anyone with a pulse in Congress for six straight years (that we also can't afford). He has run the federal budget deficit to a record level. He's damaged our relationships with countries that had been strong U.S. allies for decades, if not centuries. He's run roughshod over the Constitution with signing statements and has willfully disregarded U.S. law (e.g. FISA). He failed to enforce U.S. immigration laws after 9/11, when the need to do so should have become crystal clear...
You and I would get along very well ...

Fisa should have never been passed and signed in to law in 78 to begin with, on top of that it was never proven that Bush violated the Fisa act, it was just reported by the New York Times, which as we saw with John McCain a couple of weeks ago participates in spotty journalism to put it nicely.

Excuse me for not being more specific or clear in my initial question. Some of those things I agree with (sort of) but it is not what I was asking.

Maybe you and I have a different idea of "into a ditch". I, for one, believe that the US is by far the top country in the world in many ways. In now way are we in a ditch at all. I can't defend everything he did, but in no way are we in as dire a situation as you made it seem that he put us in.

Well, according to a CBS News/NYT poll this past January, 75% of Americans polled think the country is off on the wrong track, which is the highest total for that question in the 25 years since the poll began...

Fisa should have never been passed and signed in to law in 78 to begin with, on top of that it was never proven that Bush violated the Fisa act, it was just reported by the New York Times, which as we saw with John McCain a couple of weeks ago participates in spotty journalism to put it nicely.

Whether or not FISA should or should not have been passed is beside the point. FISA is the law of the land. You and I may not like certain laws, but we're expected to follow even the laws we don't like.

Whether or not FISA should or should not have been passed is beside the point. FISA is the law of the land. You and I may not like certain laws, but we're expected to follow even the laws we don't like.

True, but I haven't seen definitive proof that he actually violated the law, I just remember the accusations from the NY Times.

Well, according to a CBS News/NYT poll this past January, 75% of Americans polled think the country is off on the wrong track, which is the highest total for that question in the 25 years since the poll began...

Well, everyone else thinks we are on the wrong track, so we must be.....and I wish that same survey could have offered some basic questions about politics to see how many of those people really know what they are talking about.

I don't agree with everything George Bush did but in no way did he drive us into a ditch. And I also believe that he may not look too bad when history looks back. However, I might add that if the war in the Middle East winds up taking a drastic turn for the worst he will be looked on solely for that.

And if you believe someone has broken the law, then it should be reported and the perpetrators prosecuted and punished accordingly, which is also the law of the land. Hasn't happened here. I assume, being such a fervent believer in the law, that you also believe Bush is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

75% of America is spoon-fed their belief systems from Oprah Winfrey, too. Polls have very little to do with reality.

The conservatives will love this e mail I got today and the liberals will go into a tizzy.:D

And another thing: If it weren't for the fact that he panders to evangelicals and goes around starting wars, GWB himself would be considered a big-government liberal.

!

Point taken, LN. :lol:

According to a survey of more than 1,000 Americans at least 18 years of age, a majority of Americans characterized their lives as "generally happy," while slightly more than half said they were "very happy." More than 80 percent of those polled expressed satisfaction with their personal lives while a slight majority said their lives were "very" satisfying.

If we're "in a ditch" people seem pretty OK with it.