My pet peeve....

ACE

They must pass out "handicap passes" to anyone who applies. I know you can't tell sometimes by looking who may or may not need one, but I watch this closely and I know it certainly appears that there are MANY who have them and don't them. I now call them "convenience passes". For example, at our local YMCA, the handicap parking places are always full with those who are spending 30 minutes on the treadmill or swimming a mile in the pool, some people seem to have no conscience. I could go on and on but I won't. Seems like they should be for people getting treated for cancer, those coming off knee surgery, those in wheelchairs, etc. I have experienced too obvious abuses that I really get ticked on this isssue. Am I in the minority??:mad:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They must pass out "handicap passes" to anyone who applies. I know you can't tell sometimes by looking who may or may not need one, but I watch this closely and I know it certainly appears that there are MANY who have them and don't them. I now call them "convenience passes". For example, at our local YMCA, the handicap parking places are always full with those who are spending 30 minutes on the treadmill or swimming a mile in the pool, some people seem to have no conscience. I could go on and on but I won't. Seems like they should be for people getting treated for cancer, those coming off knee surgery, those in wheelchairs, etc. I have experienced too obvious abuses that I really get ticked on this isssue. Am I in the minority??:mad:

No, your not. I see this all the time at Bellevue krogers. :irked:

Nope and I am with you on this!

Amen brother! :ylsuper:

My favorite was the guy that parked his motorcycle in one. I SOOOOO wanted to knock it over.

To bad I wasn't there....:fire::fire:

Come on BF if you can run over a child on accident surely you have give that hog a little nudge! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To bad I wasn't there....:fire::fire:

Come on BF if you can run over a child on accident surely you have give that hog a little nudge! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well I seriously was tempted. And had it not been for that really big patch on the back of his cut-off blue jean vest...I just might have!

However, on another occasion, I did do umm..."something". ;)

Whew! I'm feeling better already. It just really burns my "you know what", when you see a truly handicapped person who doesn't have a space available. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to happen often. Thanks for allowing me to get this off my chest.

My mother-in-law has luekemia and the little boy she used to watch has a denerative muscle disease. They don't use their hadicap sticker unless absolutely necessary.

I really get ticked when I see the wheelchair accessible van pull into the spot, with no handicapped person on board or being picked up. There are too many people who's only hadicap is laziness, while many of the real handicapped are saving spots for those who might need the spot more than them.

I remember after my wife had a knee surgery and we parked, legally, in a handicap spot to get the wheelchair out to wheel her in the movies. Just before we parked an acquaintance(who works out regularly with weights, etc.) pulled in an adjoining spot. After seeing our endeavor putting the wheelchair together, they decided to move on to an non handicap spot 30 feet away.:irked: