January 15, 200818 yr I didn't have the sticker and I wasn't the only "abuser". What did you want me to do, tell him he really wasn't handicapped. Yes. You should have ripped into him right then and there. I have to know who it was now. PM me. :irked:
January 15, 200818 yr I didn't have the sticker and I wasn't the only "abuser". What did you want me to do, tell him he really wasn't handicapped.Yes. That would have been the right thing to do.
January 15, 200818 yr I don't want to tick off anyone but this has always bothered me and I think this is the right place to ask this question. I have a friend who's son is deaf and his girlfriend is also. They have nothing else wrong with them but yet they have a handicap parking sign. Why would someone who is deaf be granted one of these parking signs? They are young and healthy and walk just fine:irked::irked:
January 15, 200818 yr I don't want to tick off anyone but this has always bothered me and I think this is the right place to ask this question. I have a friend who's son is deaf and his girlfriend is also. They have nothing else wrong with them but yet they have a handicap parking sign. Why would someone who is deaf be granted one of these parking signs? They are young and healthy and walk just fine:irked::irked: They shouldn't have one. Some doctors will give a sticker to anybody with any kind of handicap. I wonder if I can get one for ADD.
January 15, 200818 yr They shouldn't have one. Some doctors will give a sticker to anybody with any kind of handicap. I wonder if I can get one for ADD. No but you can get one for SUBTRACT.
January 15, 200818 yr They shouldn't have one. Some doctors will give a sticker to anybody with any kind of handicap. I wonder if I can get one for ADD. A fellow teacher of mine told a parent who said the reason why her child was acting up was that he had ADD, that when he was growing up, it was spelt BRAT. I about died laughing without trying to laugh.
January 15, 200818 yr Both of our mother's have a sign and we keep them in our cars but we try not to use them even when we have them with us. We usually let them (well not my Mom now - but his) out in front of where we are going and we go find a parking space for us.
January 15, 200818 yr Author I agree but it was convenient when I went to the Masters and a guy I was with had a sticker and we parked up front. Let me get this straight, so you went to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National, the monument to Bobby Jones who is the epitome of character and class, you abuse the use of a handicap sticker and walk probably 4 miles up and down steep hills??? Takes a lot of nerve.
January 15, 200818 yr I can see a deaf person with a sticker, walking through a parking lot and not being able to hear a truck/car/motorcycle etc...so it wouldn't bother me. Now a blind person with a sticker is OK. Where is that edit button?
January 15, 200818 yr I can see a deaf person with a sticker, walking through a parking lot and not being able to hear a truck/car/motorcycle etc...so it wouldn't bother me. Now a blind person with a sticker is OK. Where is that edit button? If it's all the same to you, I don't like the idea of a blind person behind the wheel trying to park a car.:scared:
January 16, 200818 yr They must pass out "handicap passes" to anyone who applies. I know you can't tell sometimes by looking who may or may not need one, but I watch this closely and I know it certainly appears that there are MANY who have them and don't them. I now call them "convenience passes". For example, at our local YMCA, the handicap parking places are always full with those who are spending 30 minutes on the treadmill or swimming a mile in the pool, some people seem to have no conscience. I could go on and on but I won't. Seems like they should be for people getting treated for cancer, those coming off knee surgery, those in wheelchairs, etc. I have experienced too obvious abuses that I really get ticked on this isssue. Am I in the minority??:mad: This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves of all time.:thumb: I am currently in a leg brace and have been on crutches for 8 weeks following knee surgery and I REFUSE to park in a handicap spot. I'm not handicapped, I'm just temporarily slowed down. These spots should be for the truly disabled (persons confined to wheelchairs, missing limbs, respiratory diseases, etc), NOT for people with sore backs, and other minor discomforts.
January 16, 200818 yr I am currently in a leg brace and have been on crutches for 8 weeks following knee surgery and I REFUSE to park in a handicap spot. I'm not handicapped, I'm just temporarily slowed down. These spots should be for the truly disabled (persons confined to wheelchairs, missing limbs, respiratory diseases, etc), NOT for people with sore backs, and other minor discomforts.You're a very honorable guy. But I would not have a problem with you parking there while you have your leg busted up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.