Boone Co. 71 Beechwood 64

The Tigers hung tough but the Rebels shooting proved to be too much. Beechwood was within 4 with only a couple minutes left but could never get any closer. I was very impressed by the shooting guards for Boone Co. They took advantage of the Beechwood zone and made them pay. The rebels move on to play Conner in the 5th place game, while the tigers play Raceland in the 7th place game.

Boone has a very young but strong backcourt.

In years to come, maybe one of the best in the state.

Alex Hall from Beechwood led all scorers with 26.

How is he shooting this year? I read BGP's over the summer and they said Hall could shoot, can he do anything else, or is he just a spot shooter?

I watched Boone against Walton, and I figured they would be to much. They have an all around good team. Strong at each spot on the floor. Impressed with their play this year, so far.

Earls looked huge against the size Beechwood has inside. And judging by the way the coaches were screaming "shooter" everytime Krohman touched the ball, I think they were hoping to limit his shots. It did not work.

McFarland was out with an injury. Not sure what kind.

Alex Hall is a great player for Beechwood. Boone Co. rotated players in to guard Hall at all times and he still scored in the mid 20's. He likes the outside shot, but I would not call him strictly a shooter. The other Beechwood players can also play as this is far from a one man team. Brian Romas has been really impressive early this season.

Beechwood hung tough. McFarland missed the game with an injury, and Popp was only able to play 2 minutes last night because of a knee injury. Boone has 4 guards that can shoot 3s well, to complement the inside games of Earls and McFarland. Daviess Co. tried to play a box and one on Krohman the other night, and Popp and Gabbard each had 3 treys. Flannery can also fill it up from 3 and had a good game last night.