Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 69 Tenn Tech 47

Featured Replies

Florida is horrible because their entire team is playing professionally now. They have good recruits and a good coach, but they are so young that that doesn't really make a difference. Florida is simply in a rebuilding season.

 

Does UK and Billy G get a pass on that too?

 

And why didn't Tubby get a pass when Morris and Rondo was gone to the NBA if Billy D gets a pass on key players no longer being on the Florida team?

 

Also, curious that a team with good recruits and a good coach would get PASTED, 28 point loss, by a team that you and 4 guys in pickup could give a good game. How does that happen?

  • Replies 94
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does UK and Billy G get a pass on that too?

 

And why didn't Tubby get a pass when Morris and Rondo was gone to the NBA if Billy D gets a pass on key players no longer being on the Florida team?

 

Also, curious that a team with good recruits and a good coach would get PASTED, 28 point loss, by a team that you and 4 guys in pickup could give a good game. How does that happen?

 

 

I'm not giving anybody a pass. Tubby failed to get top recruits to a top program. We all know this and its not even something to argue anymore. We've discussed this for years and its no longer opinion - Tubby failed to recruit top 50 players. That's the bottom line and there's no other debate.

 

You'd be surprised if you saw me and 4 guys from pickup play. I normally play with former college players that definately show more on the court than Tennessee Tech.:thumb:

I'm not giving anybody a pass. Tubby failed to get top recruits to a top program. We all know this and its not even something to argue anymore. We've discussed this for years and its no longer opinion - Tubby failed to recruit top 50 players. That's the bottom line and there's no other debate.

 

You'd be surprised if you saw me and 4 guys from pickup play. I normally play with former college players that definately show more on the court than Tennessee Tech.:thumb:

 

I guess except when they were beating a Florida team with good recruits and a good coach by 28 points.

 

Let me ask you. How can KY be so bad when they beat TT by 20 without two of their better players playing the first half, arguably their BEST player playing a second, being led by a good recruit, the SAME TT team that beat Florida who has good recruits and a good coach by 28?

I guess except when they were beating a Florida team with good recruits and a good coach by 28 points.

 

Let me ask you. How can KY be so bad when they beat TT by 20 without two of their better players playing the first half, arguably their BEST player playing a second, being led by a good recruit, the SAME TT team that beat Florida who has good recruits and a good coach by 28?

 

I didn't say UK was that bad. I said I'll bet anyone that wants to PM me that UK will win 20 games this season. I see exactly what Billy G is going and I am a firm believer that he is on the brink of turning this team into a nice, competitive team.

 

I've got news for you - TT didn't beat Florida. Florida won that game 93-65 at home. Also, TT's wins this season were against Bluefield College (NAIA), Union College (NAIA?), Eastern Illinois (worst team in the OVC), and Oregon State (who also lost to Alaska Fairbanks).

I didn't say UK was that bad. I said I'll bet anyone that wants to PM me that UK will win 20 games this season. I see exactly what Billy G is going and I am a firm believer that he is on the brink of turning this team into a nice, competitive team.

 

I've got news for you - TT didn't beat Florida. Florida won that game 93-65 at home. Also, TT's wins this season were against Bluefield College (NAIA), Union College (NAIA?), Eastern Illinois (worst team in the OVC), and Oregon State (who also lost to Alaska Fairbanks).

 

You are right. I misread the story. Wondered how that little tidbit got missed. It was because it is past my bedtime and after being up for 19 hours, I am tired.

 

I think UK has a chance to win 20 games. I wouldn't bet on it, but if Meeks and Jasper come back healthy and stay healthy, they do win 20 games.

 

This season has gone downhill not because of the present or past coach. Injuries are the reason. Players that are role players are having to play outside of their roles. Jasper, Meeks and Patterson that are the star players all have missed time. And the other two star players, Bradley and Crawford have not been playing up to their level.

 

I firmly believe that Billy G has a healthy Jasper since October, a healthy Meeks since the beginning of the season, a healthy Patterson and the other two heads on straight and UK has two losses, to UNC and somebody in NY.

You are right. I misread the story. Wondered how that little tidbit got missed. It was because it is past my bedtime and after being up for 19 hours, I am tired.

 

I think UK has a chance to win 20 games. I wouldn't bet on it, but if Meeks and Jasper come back healthy and stay healthy, they do win 20 games.

 

This season has gone downhill not because of the present or past coach. Injuries are the reason. Players that are role players are having to play outside of their roles. Jasper, Meeks and Patterson that are the star players all have missed time. And the other two star players, Bradley and Crawford have not been playing up to their level.

 

I firmly believe that Billy G has a healthy Jasper since October, a healthy Meeks since the beginning of the season, a healthy Patterson and the other two heads on straight and UK has two losses, to UNC and somebody in NY.

 

 

:thumb:

 

It's cool. I think BCG is doing things his way and I think we'll all be very satisfied in the end. It may not make much sense right now to most, but he is tearing this team down and building it back - his way. I think he is heading in the right direction :thumb:

It will be just about impossible for this UK team to win 20 games. They win their next two, they are 7-5 going into the conference season.

 

They have 17 conference games. If this team manages to go 9-8 or 10-7 in conference, that would be shocking.

 

The only tournament this team makes this year is the NIT and even that might be because of the name on their jersey, not whether they are deserving.

It will be just about impossible for this UK team to win 20 games. They win their next two, they are 7-5 going into the conference season.

 

They have 17 conference games. If this team manages to go 9-8 or 10-7 in conference, that would be shocking.

 

The only tournament this team makes this year is the NIT and even that might be because of the name on their jersey, not whether they are deserving.

 

There is only one team that they won't be capable of beating in the SEC. That doesn't mean they will beat everyone else, but they have the ability to win any other game besides the two against UT.

It will be just about impossible for this UK team to win 20 games. They win their next two, they are 7-5 going into the conference season.

 

They have 17 conference games. If this team manages to go 9-8 or 10-7 in conference, that would be shocking.

 

The only tournament this team makes this year is the NIT and even that might be because of the name on their jersey, not whether they are deserving.

 

7-5 into the conference and eek out a 11-5 conference record. 18 wins into the SEC tournament and win their first two games.

 

Viola! 20 wins.

 

Meeks able to play in the rest of the season, everyone else stays healthy and it could happen.

7-5 into the conference and eek out a 11-5 conference record. 18 wins into the SEC tournament and win their first two games.

 

Viola! 20 wins.

 

Meeks able to play in the rest of the season, everyone else stays healthy and it could happen.

 

I don't think it will be that difficult to go 11-5 or 10-6 in the SEC this season. I have watched every team except for Auburn play and the conference is just weak this season.

7-5 into the conference and eek out a 11-5 conference record. 18 wins into the SEC tournament and win their first two games.

 

Viola! 20 wins.

 

Meeks able to play in the rest of the season, everyone else stays healthy and it could happen.

 

I'm pulling for them and I think it would be a great story for BG and the kids to prove all the doubters wrong and turn this into a great season, but I just don't see it right now.

 

Someone said during the North Carolina game that this team, UK, will win some games this year they aren't supposed to and they will lose some games they aren't supposed to. That sounds like a 500 conference record to me. With that said, I have enjoyed a plate or two of crow in my one year on BGP and I will gladly enjoy my meal if they are in the tournament come March.

It will be just about impossible for this UK team to win 20 games. They win their next two, they are 7-5 going into the conference season.

 

They have 17 conference games. If this team manages to go 9-8 or 10-7 in conference, that would be shocking.

 

The only tournament this team makes this year is the NIT and even that might be because of the name on their jersey, not whether they are deserving.

 

:thumb::thumb: No way in hell they win 20 games.

I'm pulling for them and I think it would be a great story for BG and the kids to prove all the doubters wrong and turn this into a great season, but I just don't see it right now.

 

Someone said during the North Carolina game that this team, UK, will win some games this year they aren't supposed to and they will lose some games they aren't supposed to. That sounds like a 500 conference record to me. With that said, I have enjoyed a plate or two of crow in my one year on BGP and I will gladly enjoy my meal if they are in the tournament come March.

 

I said 20 wins. Nothing about a tournament appearance.

 

The SEC ranking is not going to help in giving them a good shot at an at-large bid. And ONLY if they beat UL will they have any quality wins outside of the conference.

 

So, I am not sure 20 wins gets them in the tournament. Probably but not guarateed.

:thumb::thumb: No way in hell they win 20 games.

 

Mark it Down.

 

I hope to resurrect this post in March with a smilie face attached to it.:D

I said 20 wins. Nothing about a tournament appearance.

 

The SEC ranking is not going to help in giving them a good shot at an at-large bid. And ONLY if they beat UL will they have any quality wins outside of the conference.

 

So, I am not sure 20 wins gets them in the tournament. Probably but not guarateed.

 

They get 20 wins and 2 of those come in the SEC tournament, they get in over a mid major, even if they don't deserve it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.