CovCath/Elder predictions:

Who will win, CovCath or Elder?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, CovCath or Elder?

I guess I'm confused. I thought CovCath had improved considerably from the beginning of the year? Is that not an accurate statement? Is there anyone that thinks this game is winnable for CovCath?

Also, if I recall, didn't Coach Brossart say something at the beginning of the year that going forward, he plans on scheduling less GCL teams due to his opinion that it might be "over" scheduling?

-CardinalsFan

CCH has definitely improved since the beginning of the year. However, they are no where near the level they were last year. And even at that level, it's still tough to go into a GCL stadium and get a W.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come over here to discuss the impending CovCath/Elder matchup and give you guys the skinny on the Elder panthers and there isn't even a prediction thread on this game?? :confused:

So, what's the skinny on the Panthers?

Might the Colonels catch them looking ahead?

I thought CovCath had improved considerably from the beginning of the year? Is that not an accurate statement? Is there anyone that thinks this game is winnable for CovCath?

A. Improving considerably from where they were early doth not put them on a GCL level. My impartial opinion is they are still a work in progress.

B. No, at least not anyone that doesn't work for the school or have "blood in the game." :D

Elder just came off a big win over Moeller. Do they have a letdown this week, or do they keep on rolling? IMO, teams like Elder don't have letdowns. I expect Elder winning this one by a couple touchdowns at least. Also, will CCH double and triple Rudolph like most other teams making the other skill players step up for Elder? Or after seeing them put up the points against Elder, do they not concentrate as much on Rudolph since it's evident they have other players stepping up right now?

Elder needs this win to break the top 8 in the regional Harbin rankings. They will be very ready.

Elder needs this win to break the top 8 in the regional Harbin rankings. They will be very ready.

I think they're sitting at 7 right now from what I recall seeing on the news the other night.

Just checked, they are #7. LaSalle and Moeller on the outside looking in.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/rankings.txt

RAT095R OHSAA COMPUTER RANKINGS DATE: 10/09/07

WEEK 7 OF 10 DIVISION - I REGION - 4

LEVEL-1 LEVEL-2 AVERAGE RANK CITY HIGH SCHOOL NAME W L

40.0000 175.0000 23.5712 1 CINCINNATI ST XAVIER 7 0

41.5000 124.5000 19.0335 2 CINCINNATI COLERAIN 7 0

36.0000 112.5000 16.3928 3 CINCINNATI PRINCETON 6 1

35.5000 109.0000 15.9714 4 CINCINNATI SYCAMORE 6 1

30.0000 96.0000 13.8857 5 CINCINNATI GLEN ESTE 5 2

30.0000 93.0000 13.5857 6 CENTERVILLE CENTERVILLE 5 2

24.0000 96.0000 13.2235 7 CINCINNATI ELDER 4 3

35.5000 81.0000 13.1714 8 HUBER HEIGHTS WAYNE 6 1

This game isn't really a water mark for CovCath, nor is a victory really important, what must be done in this game, is too make it out totally healthy. The Holmes, then the Dixie games are what this team needs to get ready for, so they can meet HHS again.

BTW on a personal note.... I won't miss the Holmes game, as it was 40 years ago this year when CovCath played it's first varsity football game, and the home field for CovCath at the time was indeed, the Holmes field. It was a great night and the start of a great tradition. "With a spirit, that will not die"

This game isn't really a water mark for CovCath, nor is a victory really important, what must be done in this game, is too make it out totally healthy. The Holmes, then the Dixie games are what this team needs to get ready for, so they can meet HHS again.

BTW on a personal note.... I won't miss the Holmes game, as it was 40 years ago this year when CovCath played it's first varsity football game, and the home field for CovCath at the time was indeed, the Holmes field. It was a great night and the start of a great tradition. "With a spirit, that will not die"

I totally agree. It would be nice to win this game, but it means nothing for the playoff picture. No need to risk getting anyone hurt before playing Holmes (which really counts).

The schedule is what it is, but somebody needs to take a look at what scheduling games like this and the final 2 do for you when the goal is to get into the playoffs and advancing. I do understand testing your team, but earlier in the season may have been a wiser choice.