Grant County 14 Scott 13 (OT)

Sting

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I am glad that highlands has benches, I know that they always provide well for their teams, I happen to know that first hand. I would also like to say that Coach Davis told me he did ask Coach Fisk personally and another coach if they needed anything at all and apologized for the traffic delay. I also saw coach Davis at the end of the game direct his team to line up and shake hands. I am sure that coach Davis would have treated Scott just as he did a month ago had they ask. And he did tell me that they do take tables and such with them just in case. But I would like to say that Scott played a good game and so did the Braves. I beleive that the Braves defense did a great job, I do believe if correct Scott scored 41 against Anderson in regulation. Good game Braves keep it up this week.

First of all I am glad that highlands has benches, I know that they always provide well for their teams, I happen to know that first hand. I would also like to say that Coach Davis told me he did ask Coach Fisk personally and another coach if they needed anything at all and apologized for the traffic delay. I also saw coach Davis at the end of the game direct his team to line up and shake hands. I am sure that coach Davis would have treated Scott just as he did a month ago had they ask. And he did tell me that they do take tables and such with them just in case. But I would like to say that Scott played a good game and so did the Braves. I beleive that the Braves defense did a great job, I do believe if correct Scott scored 41 against Anderson in regulation. Good game Braves keep it up this week.

Wow...you must be really close with Coach Davis.

My thing on that is a coach should not have to ask a team if they need a bench, it should be assumed, i dont even think you can load a bench or tables on a bus. Not to say that cost the eagles the win, poor coaching decisions down the strecth and not hitting field goals did the eagles in.

It was a great game and yes a lot of people were upset over the bench problem and really the visiting team shouldnt have to ask for benches they should be there already for the team to use. So the coach asking if they needed anything of course they said no because they thought the benches were there already. But it doesnt reflect on what kind of person the coach is because he is a good guy I met him a few times.

My thing on that is a coach should not have to ask a team if they need a bench, it should be assumed, i dont even think you can load a bench or tables on a bus. Not to say that cost the eagles the win, poor coaching decisions down the strecth and not hitting field goals did the eagles in.

Most programs have trucks/uhauls to bring equipment to games. Buses bring kids, uhauls bring all tables, gear, water jugs, etc.

You got to be kidding me about bringing own benches to games. Take up a collection at the gate I am sure people will donate money for benches. I would have donated money that night if I knew it will help the program get benches for the opposing team. Someone down in the Grant County area can build benches and maybe put a Company name on them for advertisement. Come on guys lets don't even go there about bringing benches to the game, they should be provided that is a given. END OF STORY

We played a game at Grant County and the band almost hit some of our players. The officials told our kids to get back; but the band trailer running with lights on the field behind our kids, pushing them forward. There is a running track that should have been used for this, and then the band trailer ends up on the home side anyway. The band also had to be called down by the officials for playing their drums in the end zone towards the end of the game. All for the band; but player safety should come first.

Most programs have trucks/uhauls to bring equipment to games. Buses bring kids, uhauls bring all tables, gear, water jugs, etc.

That is a joke right, I have never seen that, granted i have only been to mostly NKY football games, but i have never heard of U-Hauls bringing tables and benches to games.