Grant County 14 Scott 13 (OT)

Sting

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all good game by both teams. Grant County kids deserve the win wish it could of went to second OT.

There were a couple of things that upset me very much about playing at Grant County which is not the kids fault.

1. No bench on the visitor side at all could not even put our water coolers up off the ground. This is a disgrace if you ask me come on how much does a couple of benches cost? I know people could even build some.

2. 2 and half minutes to go in the first half, 2 quads appear on our sideline with lights on pulling things for the band for their halftime performance. The drivers drive right down our sideline behind the kids asking them to move while the game is going on,come on show some class people are there for a football game wait til halftime before disrupting the visiting sideline.

I personally know your AD and I am sure he will take care of this before your next home game. You guys have a nice facility you should be proud of but I believe you need to make sure these 2 things don't happen again.

No benches for the visiting team? They used to have benches ( I think).

Sometimes little things like that make big statements about a program.

The band works very hard and deserves appreciation. However, tell them to wait until the half is over before they start moving boys off the sidelines.

First of all good game by both teams. Grant County kids deserve the win wish it could of went to second OT.

There were a couple of things that upset me very much about playing at Grant County which is not the kids fault.

1. No bench on the visitor side at all could not even put our water coolers up off the ground. This is a disgrace if you ask me come on how much does a couple of benches cost? I know people could even build some.

2. 2 and half minutes to go in the first half, 2 quads appear on our sideline with lights on pulling things for the band for their halftime performance. The drivers drive right down our sideline behind the kids asking them to move while the game is going on,come on show some class people are there for a football game wait til halftime before disrupting the visiting sideline.

I personally know your AD and I am sure he will take care of this before your next home game. You guys have a nice facility you should be proud of but I believe you need to make sure these 2 things don't happen again.

Grant worked hard as apparently did Scott, I spoke with Coach Davis this morning and he said that the issue of tables and benches were addressed when he ask the head coach of Scott if they need anything and was told no that they had everything and were ready. He also said that they take their stuff with them when they go on the road. I don't think that lack of having benches or tables changed the outcome of the game.

As far as the band Coach Davis has no control ove the band they have almost ran over their own team before so I guess that the issue is with the band director.

Great win by Grant and they do have great facilities and they do have great potential for state of the art facilities.

Grant worked hard as apparently did Scott, I spoke with Coach Davis this morning and he said that the issue of tables and benches were addressed when he ask the head coach of Scott if they need anything and was told no that they had everything and were ready. He also said that they take their stuff with them when they go on the road. I don't think that lack of having benches or tables changed the outcome of the game.

When did he ask Coach Fisk if he had everything he needed?

If Fisk had said "it would be nice to have a bench" what was the coach going to do?

Are you saying GC takes their own benches on the road?

First, congratulations to Coach Davis and his boys.

We have had a problem with teams not providing a bench/table, too. Perhaps it is sometimes inadvertent (someone moved it for another purpose, but did not bring it back), but we were told at one game (not at Grant) "you are the visitors, we aren't providing you anything". This reflects very badly on programs.

Does any team take a bench/table with them? We 'recently' played the team I was referring to earlier and we called the AD ahead of time to ensure that a bench would be provided.

First, congratulations to Coach Davis and his boys.

We have had a problem with teams not providing a bench/table, too. Perhaps it is sometimes inadvertent (someone moved it for another purpose, but did not bring it back), but we were told at one game (not at Grant) "you are the visitors, we aren't providing you anything". This reflects very badly on programs.

Does any team take a bench/table with them? We 'recently' played the team I was referring to earlier and we called the AD ahead of time to issure that a bench would be provided.

Wow. I've never heard of any school not having a bench for the opposing team.

Obviously, its not a determining factor and the Braves are to be congratulated. If I'm Coach Davis, from here on out there is a bench or two on the opposing team's side. No excuse and it looks bad when it need not be that way.

GC has nice facilities and does not need something silly like this to detract from it or the team.

I must add too that the Scott buses were hung up on the exit ramp and the short trip from the expressway to the school for quite a long period of time. Wasn't there any police presence for the homecoming parade? The Scott kids had to get dressed in the parking lot and go straight to warm ups with little time for preperations...

I too was bothered by not having benches or tables or anything provided by the school. I thought that Grant County did an excellent job of providing accomodations for Scott last month at the bowl game that the school hosted. Friday night they seemed to be less than gracious hosts...

I must say that I have a ton of respect for Grant County after the game last night. I saw them coming up to the Eagles team telling them how good they were and saying good luck the rest of the season just showing a lot of class after winning that game. It was a big game for them and instead of celebrating and letting the win get to their heads they were over there talking to the Eagles team that just played a hard game also. They are a team that showed a lot of class and just had to post about it. :thumb: