Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22

STRIKE3

Im not starting anything and forgive me for pointing fingers too qucik, i know they all made mistakes and it was wrong, but if grimm is out for a while then what......the oline is really struggling and from the posts i have read they have some good defenses still yet to play that will come with everything.....everyone may think that the p-ville game is funny but i have learned you cant under-estimate anyone, but i hope matney has them prepared and and beat the tigers by 70.......forgive me for pointing fingers and i know i shouldnt have, but when i was watching the game his mistakes just stuck out b/c they were crucial but once i think about it the rb's had some crucial fumbles on good drives too so.......Good luck JC hope the oline gets better and grimm too

Kobe 24 Fan, Grimm is a great player but this team has more weapons and would be a long way from being done! You have all state reciever targets in Dials and Welch. Dillion and Richarson are as good as any backs in this area and distirict. If the offense was more versital, the opposing teams could not tee up on JK and the oline. On defense again you have Dials and Welch that are all state perfomers, Dillon, Richardson, Belhausen and Goudruose that are as good as any in the district. Again, mix the defense up and use this talent.

This is still a very good and talented team and will go far into the playoffs.

I do not think that JC or Matney will forget Paintsville.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree 100% that they have some very talented players thats why it blew my mind when grim wasnt effective they didnt get going til about the middle of the 3rd qtr.........they have some many options thats why i didnt understand how they still played one-dimensional like they did and allowed woodford to go all out on defense.......im not sure what was wrong they were like a deer in the head lights........there defense is really good but its hard to keep someone from scoring when they have really good field postion most of the night.................i know i have heard matney is a ground and pound coach but when the ground isnt working u have to be able to switch it up and throw the d off and i just didnt see that......i hope matney has them so fired up that they run the tigers out of paintsville........JC is a really good team but made too many mistakes against a quick team in woodford, but i'd like to watch that game on a different night maybe a different story!!!! Go Eagles stomp the Tigers:ylsuper: :jump: :dancingpa

You know it is kind of sad when a person that says he attended JCHS can get on here and say that a kid should be replaced because he had a bad game. Where were you when the quarterback that you mentioned had ball after ball dropped in previous games. You were not criticizing them. These are high school students that are going to make mistakes. If indeed you are a JCHS graduate support the entire team not just certain ones. I know you are just stating your opinion so I will do the same. I think that throwing for over 700 yards and having over a 50 per cent completion rate after 5 games is pretty good. I usually just read these posts but I am tired of people pointing fingers at certain people. This is a team sport. JC keep your head up. BTW congrats Woodford! very classy group of young men and coaches.

Thank you. You all are a very classy group too, and will have a nice stadium when it is done.

I agree. That what makes this loss so hard to swollow. They played like they had nothing to win, when more than likely, the team that won this game was going to get 2 home playoffs games which we all know are huge. They lacked the desire and effort to play. That could be partly our faults for building this team up to think they cant get beat, cause these are 16 & 17 year olds, but with all that was on the line, I just cant understand the lack of intesity and effort showed in this game. JC has an off week this week, so it would be a good time to go back to the fundementals of ball carrying and tackling.

I agree! I think it is partly the our (the fans) fault for building the kids up a little to high. But to come onto a field in a game of this magnitude and give that kind of effort just boggles my mind! I want to try and rationalize it by saying that we are still living off of last year, but I don't know.

:fire:

First off I want to say Congrats to the Yellowjackets. You came to play and showed that games arent played on paper, but on the field. Duckworth is a player and is underrated. Lewis quick as advertised but has more stength that I suspected.

Now...... Its hard to put into words what I witnessed tonight. Do I think that Woodford Co. is 21 points better than JC. Nope. Do I think that Woodford Co. is the better team? And to be honest I cant be sure that they are. JC played about the worst game that they could have tonight. Now alot of that is credit to Woodford and there coaching staff, but alot of it was lack of heart and leadership on JC's part. The fact that Grimm was very limited tonight due to injuries had alot to do with the spread of this game and JC's effectiveness as a offense. I thought that JC was going to be more pass oriented but it appears that JC still has alot of work in that area. If there was one area of concern for JC, it would be the offensive line play. They showed flashes of solid blocking but they also had plays that left you scratching your head. The pass defense is not as bad as it looks. Anytime that you give a scrambling QB time to set in pocket and scramble outside its natural for a pass coverage to break down. JC just couldnt get any pressure up the middle or from the ends. This game is just what JC needed. Although I would have preferred a win by JC tonight, this shows this team just how far they have to go if they are to get where they want to. The open week comes at a perfect time and I just hope that JC takes the positives out of this game and uses it as motivation and determination for the rest of its season which still has 2 tough district matchups, Belfry, and Louisville Central. The road doesnt get any easier, so we better grow up fast.

Well I think that it is kind of hard to say they were'nt ready to play Woodford. When Woodford had a 3 hour drive to get there and when they got there late to where they get off the bus and had to go straight into a game.Its kind of hard to get your mind focused and I think the only reason why JC got finished with 22 is because Woodford had most of their JV in cause you know that is what you do when you start to blow out a team.

Andre Davis #55 (front 7 running back killas)

:fire:

Well I think that it is kind of hard to say they were'nt ready to play Woodford. When Woodford had a 3 hour drive to get there and when they got there late to where they get off the bus and had to go straight into a game.Its kind of hard to get your mind focused and I think the only reason why JC got finished with 22 is because Woodford had most of their JV in cause you know that is what you do when you start to blow out a team.

Andre Davis #55 (front 7 running back killas)

You are right. JC did tack on 1 late score when the game was clearly out of reach. Congrats to Woodford Co. on a solid win and on the rest of your regular season. I dont believe we saw all of what Woodford Co. could do and I know that you didnt see the best of JC. If their is a rematch, alot of football to be played before then, I believe you will see a better matchup.

You are right. JC did tack on 1 late score when the game was clearly out of reach. Congrats to Woodford Co. on a solid win and on the rest of your regular season. I dont believe we saw all of what Woodford Co. could do and I know that you didnt see the best of JC. If their is a rematch, alot of football to be played before then, I believe you will see a better matchup.

I agree if these teams play again down the road I think it will be a great match-up

What a great game Woodford and Johnson Central. JC is a good team and we look forward to playing them again, closer to home this time. For those who saw the game it was the speed of WC and their physical play that set the tone from the start. If not for two unforced WC turnovers the score would have been worse.I wish some of the JC fans would leave their QB alone. He did what he could with the time he had. Those fumbles, all but one were the result of a defense that can hit and was underestimated.The interceptions were the result of a potent pass rush and good secondary coverage. As for the notion that JC has seen any team speed like they faced with WC, that is ridicolus. This is the fastest team they have seen in three years.The Ohio teams JC played are slow grinding teams. I found it interesting that most on this site thought this an upset , while those who follow football around the entire state found this predictable.

What a great game Woodford and Johnson Central. JC is a good team and we look forward to playing them again, closer to home this time. For those who saw the game it was the speed of WC and their physical play that set the tone from the start. If not for two unforced WC turnovers the score would have been worse.I wish some of the JC fans would leave their QB alone. He did what he could with the time he had. Those fumbles, all but one were the result of a defense that can hit and was underestimated.The interceptions were the result of a potent pass rush and good secondary coverage. As for the notion that JC has seen any team speed like they faced with WC, that is ridicolus. This is the fastest team they have seen in three years.The Ohio teams JC played are slow grinding teams. I found it interesting that most on this site thought this an upset , while those who follow football around the entire state found this predictable.
Boy, you certainly do know your Ohio football. :rolleyes:

Wheelersburg ran a spread offense, and was by no means slow. Perhaps not as fast as Woodford, but nothing close to resembling a slow grinding type team.

Boy, you certainly do know your Ohio football. :rolleyes:

Wheelersburg ran a spread offense, and was by no means slow. Perhaps not as fast as Woodford, but nothing close to resembling a slow grinding type team.

I DO KNOW my KY football and I know that SPEED KILLS - woodford co had lots of it!