Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22

STRIKE3

First of all I love the way with one loss you start calling people out and saying we need to change everything. I guess you cheer when it is great and start calling everyone out on a loss. It is very difficult when a team is one dimensional and that one dimensional is hurt. After that a defense can just pin their ears back and do what ever they want. How about the drops that some of the receivers had? I only seen him under throw one receiver and that was Ian. It is very hard to make great throws when you can't even set your feet without two defenders chasing you. I can't understand the comment that jc needs a new QB when I saw many mistakes by everyone. Give JK that amount of time that Duckworth had and he has 300 yards every game. Yes Nathan played great but after the game was out of reach. He needs to learn to hang on to the ball!!! What about the defense? We didn't tackle anyone. We just tried to arm tackle and against good football teams that don't work. I for one thought that Woodford came ready to play and JC was a little overconfident. Games like this happen when you are talking about young kids. It makes you sit back and scratch your head. I think in the long run that this will help JC and make them work a little harder. Nothing like a good butt whoopin to get your head on straight. Either you grow up or quit and I hope for one that they take this loss and grow with it. No reason to point fingers. Congrats Woodford and hope to see you again down the road. Did you guys enjoy you trip to the nest?:ylsuper:

Your pretty much right on.:thumb:

I do think that perhaps it was Nathan's breakout game of what is to be seen out of him in the future.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to comment on this post before it gets taken out of context, and correct me if I am wrong on my assumption.

Most everyone knows who the best teams in EKY are by the time the 8th or maybe the 9th game of the season rolls around. And, yes, some gloat about how they are going "all the way". But doesn't it seem like when they do get beat that the teams dishing out the Ws are the same handful of teams (Ft. Thomas, CovCath, Beechwood) that are winning championships year after year?

Honestly, I took this post as a slight, intended or not, but overall I must say the NKY football as a whole isn't as far ahead of EKY football as most think. But that could be just me.

Side note...I'm sure you might not have gathered this from the guru's post, but I'm sure he understands that EKY teams face a HUGE dilemma when it comes to travel time when considering facing outside foes.

Who said anything about NKY football? Not to mention, Woodford County is from the Lexington area. You are reading way too much into my post.

JC is playing a very hard schedule. They are finding that teams outside EKY are more atheltic and tough. This will help them down the stretch as they will be more familar with quality teams. JC is banged up now and the week off will get everyone healthy again. Woodford has an awesome team, very quick and hard hitting. JC just needs to get healthy, regroup and play with more intensity. No loss is good, but I think this is a good wake up call for JC early in the season that will help get back on track. I still think the road to the district championship goes through JC and I will make a prediction, the next time these two play, and I think they will, a helathy and focused JC will make a much better showing.

Im not just pointing fingers at J.K., but you have to learn to throw the ball away and not take 10 or 11 yard loses...its much easier for 2nd and 10 and 2nd and 21 or 22......yea the oline got ate up all night but if ur gonna be a big time player u have to be ready for that stuff......the QB should always be prepared for that......as far as being one-dimensional no u cant blame the players but he under threw Ian twice, stopped both of them from being td's because Ian had to stop and come back for the ball.....under threw dials once....overthrew nathan dillion once.....and all of these guys are wide open and on those plays he had time......As for the team playing bad yea they sure did....grimm goes down and nobody acted like they knew what they were doing.....i was shocked really im from Johnson County played bball at JC and it just surprised me how they let WC come there and just run all over them......Maybe they dont need a new QB but they better do something cause in 2 weeks no matter what paper or anyone else says P-ville will come ready to play to and they will pin their ears back and go after J.K. then to........Good luck JC the rest of the season

Im not just pointing fingers at J.K., but you have to learn to throw the ball away and not take 10 or 11 yard loses...its much easier for 2nd and 10 and 2nd and 21 or 22......yea the oline got ate up all night but if ur gonna be a big time player u have to be ready for that stuff......the QB should always be prepared for that......as far as being one-dimensional no u cant blame the players but he under threw Ian twice, stopped both of them from being td's because Ian had to stop and come back for the ball.....under threw dials once....overthrew nathan dillion once.....and all of these guys are wide open and on those plays he had time......As for the team playing bad yea they sure did....grimm goes down and nobody acted like they knew what they were doing.....i was shocked really im from Johnson County played bball at JC and it just surprised me how they let WC come there and just run all over them......Maybe they dont need a new QB but they better do something cause in 2 weeks no matter what paper or anyone else says P-ville will come ready to play to and they will pin their ears back and go after J.K. then to........Good luck JC the rest of the season

:laugh: This whole post just makes me laugh!!! The Paintsville response and all that funny stuff. You really know your football. What game did you watch last night. I think most of those 2nd and 20 came from losses on runs not passes. Without a healthy Shawn Grimm those long second and third downs became nothing but passing downs and WC came with no regards to the running game. How can you prepare to run for your life? I know that JK made some mistakes but didn't everyone? I know that he underthrew Ian once and then he hit Ian and he had a TD but Fumbled with no one around. The other underthrows I can't remember but maybe when you are throwing from your back it might be underthrown a little bit. I don't like when someone blames a 21 point loss on one person. I would like to know who could do a better job than JK? I just don't like someone getting on here and putting a kid down when they work hard at something. Just take the loss as a team and move on to the next game. Lets take some frustration out on that team from across the creek. :thumb:

You know it is kind of sad when a person that says he attended JCHS can get on here and say that a kid should be replaced because he had a bad game. Where were you when the quarterback that you mentioned had ball after ball dropped in previous games. You were not criticizing them. These are high school students that are going to make mistakes. If indeed you are a JCHS graduate support the entire team not just certain ones. I know you are just stating your opinion so I will do the same. I think that throwing for over 700 yards and having over a 50 per cent completion rate after 5 games is pretty good. I usually just read these posts but I am tired of people pointing fingers at certain people. This is a team sport. JC keep your head up. BTW congrats Woodford! very classy group of young men and coaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime2007

How will JC handle the speed factor of Woodford?

JC played very good and very fast Wheelersburg team last week. I think they will handle the speed just fine. Can Woodford Co shut down the JC offense is the big question.

Johnson Central 35

Woodford Co 14

Wheelersburg playing JC close was the best thing that could happen to this Eagle squad. It proved that their offense still needs alot of work, but their defense is definately what will carry them to victories.

JC 28

Woodford 13

I don't think JC has seen as much speed that Woodford may bring. From what I have been hearing they play fast and have a fast offensive. I know JC will run the ball well - but can they really stop a good offensive with speedy recievers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime2007

How will JC handle the speed factor of Woodford?

Johnson Central has demonstrated that they have lots of speed as well. So I dont see Woodford showing them something that they havent seen. JC faced a very good dual threat QB last week at Wheelersburg in Spradlin just as it will this week with Duckworth. Lewis is a big playmaker as well but the corners and safety's of JC will do a good job of blanketing him with man and zone coverages. Look for JC's Ian Welch to provide alot of coverage on Lewis. An explosive team like Woodford is going to have big plays, thats a given, but JC I believe will wear them down and then blow this game open. Woodford was behind twice in the game with Bryan Station and allowed Station to move the ball all night. JC should have no problem. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 42

Woodford Co.: 21

yea, I guess that speed factor didn't mean anything:confused:

Cogratulations to Woodford Co! They came prepared and were definatley ready to play. Great game by Duckworth and Lewis. I was very impressed with this team. Definately the best team on Friday night no debate.

As for JC.......this was the worst play I've seen from a JC team since the N. Laurel game in 2004. They had no intensity and no desire. Its time for some senior leadership. They need to reach deep down inside and check to see if they really want to make the commitment to do what it takes to win.

I agree with Golden Eagle fan, no intesnsity for JC this week and Woodford came with an attitude. I do not think it is classy or fair to to give a high school player any grief. This is not the NFL. I do think the ball distirbution to other recievers may be an answer. JC has a lot of good targets to throw too and I do not think they have been utilized. I saw several open recievers Friday night on most throwing plays.

I am a JC fan and Matney fan as well. I do think that a more diverse offense and defense should be considered. Most teams come to town and set up thier defense to stop the run and it does put pressure on the line and backs to produce. A more open throwing game plan could stop this. I think the defense needs to have more stunting and looks to keep some of these atheletic teams in check. You just can not line up and give an atheletic player or players the chance to use thier speed.

I still think JC will have a great year. You have Grimm who is one of the best offensive and defensive backs in the state, you have Dails who is a potential first team all stater and D1 player at both tight end and defensive end/linebacker, you have Welch who is a great reciever and safety, Dillion and Richardson both great backs and defensvie players and JK who has a great arm. JC just needs to open up and use these weapons.

Again I am a JC and Matney fan and I know they will get things worked out.

Cogratulations to Woodford Co! They came prepared and were definatley ready to play. Great game by Duckworth and Lewis. I was very impressed with this team. Definately the best team on Friday night no debate.

As for JC.......this was the worst play I've seen from a JC team since the N. Laurel game in 2004. They had no intensity and no desire. Its time for some senior leadership. They need to reach deep down inside and check to see if they really want to make the commitment to do what it takes to win.

I agree. That what makes this loss so hard to swollow. They played like they had nothing to win, when more than likely, the team that won this game was going to get 2 home playoffs games which we all know are huge. They lacked the desire and effort to play. That could be partly our faults for building this team up to think they cant get beat, cause these are 16 & 17 year olds, but with all that was on the line, I just cant understand the lack of intesity and effort showed in this game. JC has an off week this week, so it would be a good time to go back to the fundementals of ball carrying and tackling.

Im not starting anything and forgive me for pointing fingers too qucik, i know they all made mistakes and it was wrong, but if grimm is out for a while then what......the oline is really struggling and from the posts i have read they have some good defenses still yet to play that will come with everything.....everyone may think that the p-ville game is funny but i have learned you cant under-estimate anyone, but i hope matney has them prepared and and beat the tigers by 70.......forgive me for pointing fingers and i know i shouldnt have, but when i was watching the game his mistakes just stuck out b/c they were crucial but once i think about it the rb's had some crucial fumbles on good drives too so.......Good luck JC hope the oline gets better and grimm too