Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22

STRIKE3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling the Eagles fans will be getting a strong dose of westsider after he was discarded for saying that Woodford would be the best team the Eagles have faced so far.

Story of the game was JC's inability to match Woodford's speed and athleticism in the open field, and the inability of JC to pressure Duckworth. Turnovers also played a role.

Prior to the game 98.9 was talking about how badly swollen Shawn Grimm's hand was... did he play?

Is Grimm's hand alright?

JC couldn't ask for a better time to have an open week.

In one way its good because we can get some players healthy but as a player its not good you have to think about this "L" for two weeks instead of one.. As a player i would want to get out there as soon as possible.

In one way its good because we can get some players healthy but as a player its not good you have to think about this "L" for two weeks instead of one.. As a player i would want to get out there as soon as possible.

I agree with the L on the schedule. But I think getting some players healthy is going to be better in the long run.

First off I want to say Congrats to the Yellowjackets. You came to play and showed that games arent played on paper, but on the field. Duckworth is a player and is underrated. Lewis quick as advertised but has more stength that I suspected.

Now...... Its hard to put into words what I witnessed tonight. Do I think that Woodford Co. is 21 points better than JC. Nope. Do I think that Woodford Co. is the better team? And to be honest I cant be sure that they are. JC played about the worst game that they could have tonight. Now alot of that is credit to Woodford and there coaching staff, but alot of it was lack of heart and leadership on JC's part. The fact that Grimm was very limited tonight due to injuries had alot to do with the spread of this game and JC's effectiveness as a offense. I thought that JC was going to be more pass oriented but it appears that JC still has alot of work in that area. If there was one area of concern for JC, it would be the offensive line play. They showed flashes of solid blocking but they also had plays that left you scratching your head. The pass defense is not as bad as it looks. Anytime that you give a scrambling QB time to set in pocket and scramble outside its natural for a pass coverage to break down. JC just couldnt get any pressure up the middle or from the ends. This game is just what JC needed. Although I would have preferred a win by JC tonight, this shows this team just how far they have to go if they are to get where they want to. The open week comes at a perfect time and I just hope that JC takes the positives out of this game and uses it as motivation and determination for the rest of its season which still has 2 tough district matchups, Belfry, and Louisville Central. The road doesnt get any easier, so we better grow up fast.

First off I want to say Congrats to the Yellowjackets. You came to play and showed that games arent played on paper, but on the field. Duckworth is a player and is underrated. Lewis quick as advertised but has more stength that I suspected.

Now...... Its hard to put into words what I witnessed tonight. Do I think that Woodford Co. is 21 points better than JC. Nope. Do I think that Woodford Co. is the better team? And to be honest I cant be sure that they are. JC played about the worst game that they could have tonight. Now alot of that is credit to Woodford and there coaching staff, but alot of it was lack of heart and leadership on JC's part. The fact that Grimm was very limited tonight due to injuries had alot to do with the spread of this game and JC's effectiveness as a offense. I thought that JC was going to be more pass oriented but it appears that JC still has alot of work in that area. If there was one area of concern for JC, it would be the offensive line play. They showed flashes of solid blocking but they also had plays that left you scratching your head. The pass defense is not as bad as it looks. Anytime that you give a scrambling QB time to set in pocket and scramble outside its natural for a pass coverage to break down. JC just couldnt get any pressure up the middle or from the ends. This game is just what JC needed. Although I would have preferred a win by JC tonight, this shows this team just how far they have to go if they are to get where they want to. The open week comes at a perfect time and I just hope that JC takes the positives out of this game and uses it as motivation and determination for the rest of its season which still has 2 tough district matchups, Belfry, and Louisville Central. The road doesnt get any easier, so we better grow up fast.

Amen brother! :thumb:

I have a feeling the Eagles fans will be getting a strong dose of westsider after he was discarded for saying that Woodford would be the best team the Eagles have faced so far.

I'm not from Johnson Central but I'll take my crow now.

Very suprised by this game.

For one....congrats to Woodford....watched the game they are for real....Lewis is deadly on both sides...Duckworth can pick you apart giving time and boy did he ever have time.....I think JC needs a new QB imo because J.K. just way to many mistakes....not throwing the ball away and taken 10 or 11 yard loses at a time....under throwing wide open recievers stopping td's and he is not quick at all.......I thought Grimm looked a little weird tonight i heard someone say he was hurt but didnt know very limited tonight.....he didnt play special teams or no defense and only had maybe 8 or 9 carries for maybe 25 or 30 yards....i saw him toward the end of the game he was limping to the bench and didnt look good at all...he took a big big hit too........i think JC had 6 or 7 turnovers......special teams didnt block, o-line was weak....the ball handlers couldnt move they were hit b4 they could take a step.......just a very heartless effort from JC.....Woodford played their game and could have beat them worse.....the last 2 points i wanna make is remember the names duckworth and lewis u will hear them on saturdays and very possibly sundays.........and 2: Nathan Dillion played his heart out...he fumbled 1 or 2 times but he had 16 carries for 153 yards and 2 td's and a 2 pt conversion.......Congrats to nathan for a great game.....Good Luck JC and Woodford the rest of the season as JC......Woodford has the perfect name b/c they played like yellowjackets......came in infested the nest and took over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!