Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22

STRIKE3

I just go in from the game. It was great to meet underarmour. I must say that I was very impressed with Woodford Co. They are a very good football team. They dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and their skill people are very quick, and fun to watch. When #7 got that pass thrown from the 3 yard line, he turned on the after burners and he was gone. I'm sure a tough and disappointing loss for Coach Matney and the Golden Eagles, but I'm confident they will regroup, and still be a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodford County is for real .. What were Duckworth's #'s for the night .. That kid is a very good QB

He was very impressive. He reminded me a lot of Ashland's Ian Holbrook from 2 years ago. Not very big, but tough, very quick, and a good arm. I know he threw for over 200 yards, and also ran the ball very well, and had a couple of scores.

This game wasn't even as close as the final score showed. WC dominated. I was expecting a mismatch with the quickness of WC's skill people, but they were also very good up front and they blew JC off the ball all night long.

Grimm was inefective, but Dillon was very impressive for JC. Duckworth for WC was a lot of fun to watch.

It was a fun game to watch for a while because of some individual performances, but never what I'd call a good game. JC shot themselves in the foot at crucial times and they simply didn't have enough to hang with the Yellowjackets tonight.

Congratulations to Woodford County on the big win. Good luck to Central, time to regroup and come back out firing.

And thanks to underarmour for the welcome and to STRIKE3 for sharing dinner with us.

For one....congrats to Woodford....watched the game they are for real....Lewis is deadly on both sides...Duckworth can pick you apart giving time and boy did he ever have time.....I think JC needs a new QB imo because J.K. just way to many mistakes....not throwing the ball away and taken 10 or 11 yard loses at a time....under throwing wide open recievers stopping td's and he is not quick at all.......I thought Grimm looked a little weird tonight i heard someone say he was hurt but didnt know very limited tonight.....he didnt play special teams or no defense and only had maybe 8 or 9 carries for maybe 25 or 30 yards....i saw him toward the end of the game he was limping to the bench and didnt look good at all...he took a big big hit too........i think JC had 6 or 7 turnovers......special teams didnt block, o-line was weak....the ball handlers couldnt move they were hit b4 they could take a step.......just a very heartless effort from JC.....Woodford played their game and could have beat them worse.....the last 2 points i wanna make is remember the names duckworth and lewis u will hear them on saturdays and very possibly sundays.........and 2: Nathan Dillion played his heart out...he fumbled 1 or 2 times but he had 16 carries for 153 yards and 2 td's and a 2 pt conversion.......Congrats to nathan for a great game.....Good Luck JC and Woodford the rest of the season as JC......Woodford has the perfect name b/c they played like yellowjackets......came in infested the nest and took over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I love the way with one loss you start calling people out and saying we need to change everything. I guess you cheer when it is great and start calling everyone out on a loss. It is very difficult when a team is one dimensional and that one dimensional is hurt. After that a defense can just pin their ears back and do what ever they want. How about the drops that some of the receivers had? I only seen him under throw one receiver and that was Ian. It is very hard to make great throws when you can't even set your feet without two defenders chasing you. I can't understand the comment that jc needs a new QB when I saw many mistakes by everyone. Give JK that amount of time that Duckworth had and he has 300 yards every game. Yes Nathan played great but after the game was out of reach. He needs to learn to hang on to the ball!!! What about the defense? We didn't tackle anyone. We just tried to arm tackle and against good football teams that don't work. I for one thought that Woodford came ready to play and JC was a little overconfident. Games like this happen when you are talking about young kids. It makes you sit back and scratch your head. I think in the long run that this will help JC and make them work a little harder. Nothing like a good butt whoopin to get your head on straight. Either you grow up or quit and I hope for one that they take this loss and grow with it. No reason to point fingers. Congrats Woodford and hope to see you again down the road. Did you guys enjoy you trip to the nest?:ylsuper:

We nailed about everyone with this as the Super Game of the week in the Pick 10 contest.

The good news for JC is they are playing teams outside of EKY which can only help their program. Too often the good teams in EKY never see anyone outside of EKY until they lose to them in the playoffs.

I want to comment on this post before it gets taken out of context, and correct me if I am wrong on my assumption.

Most everyone knows who the best teams in EKY are by the time the 8th or maybe the 9th game of the season rolls around. And, yes, some gloat about how they are going "all the way". But doesn't it seem like when they do get beat that the teams dishing out the Ws are the same handful of teams (Ft. Thomas, CovCath, Beechwood) that are winning championships year after year?

Honestly, I took this post as a slight, intended or not, but overall I must say the NKY football as a whole isn't as far ahead of EKY football as most think. But that could be just me.

Side note...I'm sure you might not have gathered this from the guru's post, but I'm sure he understands that EKY teams face a HUGE dilemma when it comes to travel time when considering facing outside foes.

I have a feeling the Eagles fans will be getting a strong dose of westsider after he was discarded for saying that Woodford would be the best team the Eagles have faced so far.
Most of my comments regarding Johnson Central are discarded pretty quickly by the JC faithful, but if you go back and check what I've said about the Eagles the last three seasons I've been pretty much on the money.

Except I didn't see this score happening. But I think my comments about Woodford being the best team on JC's schedule the last three seasons stood up pretty well.

Big win for Woodford, especially on the road.

Well first off I pick the game to be 42 to 21 and I was close except I had the wrong team winning. I did not make the trip and I am glad I didn't.

Second, congrats to Woodford for walking in someone’s back yard and taking over. We will see you in the playoffs.

3rd. As for my boy JK, keep your head up I know you have better days ahead of you. We all have bad days, but the cream always rises to the top!

Advice for the whole team: There is no substitute for hard work, for the rest of the season, "take care of business"!

:fight:

Most of my comments regarding Johnson Central are discarded pretty quickly by the JC faithful, but if you go back and check what I've said about the Eagles the last three seasons I've been pretty much on the money.

Except I didn't see this score happening. But I think my comments about Woodford being the best team on JC's schedule the last three seasons stood up pretty well.

Big win for Woodford, especially on the road.

Sheer genius westsider.:thumb:

All of eastern Kentucky just cant emphasize that enough.:lol: