Ironton 27 Ashland 7

LRCW

The offense was anemic. The line play never got on track. And Ironton wasn't all that great either. But tonite they did what it took to get the win. Their major weapon was a brute fullback #36. He reminded me of "The Bus" at Pittsburgh. Ashland had no answer for stopping him up the middle.

Or at noseman on D.

Has a team with a player on the ADI preview cover ever started 0-3?

Hopefully Thomas, a quality athlete and person, will get some help as the season progresses.

Maybe Mr. Jones from Russell could have been the third player to grace the cover?

Congratulations to Ironton for the win.

I agree #36 (Murphy) was a brute – he was a difference maker. I also think that the 2 TDs that Ironton scored in the last 26 seconds of the first half changed the whole complexion of the game. Instead of going into the locker room at half-time tied at 0-0 we gave up 2 quick (and very strange) TDs. Ironton really seemed to gain confidence in the second half with 2 scores on the board.

Ashland’s O-line gets younger and more inexperienced every week due to injuries. Three of our biggest linemen are on the sidelines: Salisbury, Pennington and Walker. Hopefully they can return soon.

As someone else said earlier, all we can do is go back to work on Monday.

Has a team with a player on the ADI preview cover ever started 0-3?

Hopefully Thomas, a quality athlete and person, will get some help as the season progresses.

Maybe Mr. Jones from Russell could have been the third player to grace the cover?

Is this the same thing like the Madden ( football game) jinx?

Congratulations to Ironton for the win.

I agree #36 (Murphy) was a brute – he was a difference maker. I also think that the 2 TDs that Ironton scored in the last 26 seconds of the first half changed the whole complexion of the game. Instead of going into the locker room at half-time tied at 0-0 we gave up 2 quick (and very strange) TDs. Ironton really seemed to gain confidence in the second half with 2 scores on the board.

Ashland’s O-line gets younger and more inexperienced every week due to injuries. Three of our biggest linemen are on the sidelines: Salisbury, Pennington and Walker. Hopefully they can return soon.

As someone else said earlier, all we can do is go back to work on Monday.

When are we ( Ashland fans) going to stop giving excuses and express the reality? Sounds to me that you are blaming the line but it is more than that....

The offense was anemic. The line play never got on track. And Ironton wasn't all that great either. But tonite they did what it took to get the win. Their major weapon was a brute fullback #36. He reminded me of "The Bus" at Pittsburgh. Ashland had no answer for stopping him up the middle.

Great picture of him in the Independent. He is BIG.

When are we ( Ashland fans) going to stop giving excuses and express the reality? Sounds to me that you are blaming the line but it is more than that....

Excuses? It’s a fact (reality as you say) that 3 of our better linemen are injured. Would their return help? Maybe - I sure hope so.

As to your accusation that I seem to be blaming the line: I’m not the one on here (BGP) assessing blame and pointing fingers at players and coaches. You seem to have that role covered (based on several of your posts in other threads).

This is shaping up to be a hard year. Our players, coaches and fans need to work together to try to show improvement; not blame each other.

This is shaping up to be a hard year. Our players, coaches and fans need to work together to try to show improvement; not blame each other.

:thumb: I agree Graybeard, that goes for any team. Negativity only breeds negativity. Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of the way.