Corbin vs. Dunbar Predictions

Who wins this game?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLD has to much speed as they have been gifted with the last few years. Dunbar by atleast 30 way to many athletes in this game. Good luck to a good friend of mine on the PLD coaching staff Coach Steve Sharpe good luck old buddy!

Relayed your message to Coach Sharpe. He said he appreciated the sentiment since he thought that it was from one of his former players. :thumb:

I think there is only one team for Corbin (at least after one game). They are going to have to understand that they are Corbin and Corbin has always run the ball and that should be their bread and butter and let the passing be the desert.

I agree Corbin could win this game but I don't look for it, they appear to be sold on the pass. I think Campbell should be the one the offense is built around not Cashen, but that decision was made along time ago.

I want to say the mountain team will beat the city team but until Corbin can establish some type of rushing offense they will struggle against the better teams.

Dunbar probably has too many athletes for Corbin to stop, but Corbin needs to play mentally and physically tough football like they are supposed too, unlike how they played at Belfry. It is kind of hard to believe Belfry only beat them 21-0 the way they dominated Corbin at the line of scrimmage. Belfry just looked stronger up and down the lineup, but that is a long trip over there and that kind of trip can take a toll especialy against a great team like Belfry

As for your comment about building the offense around Campbell instead of Cashen, he is a decent full back, but not the kind of talent that you can build an offense around. Their offense, like any other excellent offense needs to be well balanced and he needs to be a leader by being a great blocker and running as hard as he can when he gets the ball and not turn the ball over and that offense will be just fine.

Corbin beat Henry Clay in the 2000 Pigskin Classic. Henry Clay finished 9-4 losing to Trinity in the Regional finals. I could be wrong about Boyd, my memory is fading fast, but I thought he played that year.

It was the 99 season, it was my freshman year, and he did play.

It was the 99 season, it was my freshman year, and he did play.

It was your sophomore year, Boyd didn't play in that game. He played down here your freshman year though but it wasn't against Corbin. They played Fern Creek and beat the soup outta them. Corbin played Conner your freshman year, Henry Clay your sophomore year, Lex Cath, your junior year, and Bryan Station your senior year.

You know to much off the top of your head Hound82 haha. One thing that concerns me about this game is the fact that Corbin got dominated by Belfry at the line, given most schools do. Belfry probably should have scored 2 or 3 more times.

But one thing Corbin tried to do I think is center around the run game, it might work better agaisnt Dumbar but Belfry returned their front seven and had a new secondary, you throw the ball.

I think Corbin shouldnt rely on the pass as much as past. But 70-80 percent Id be throwing the football, especialy if they are no holes opening whatsoever.

You know to much off the top of your head Hound82 haha. One thing that concerns me about this game is the fact that Corbin got dominated by Belfry at the line, given most schools do. Belfry probably should have scored 2 or 3 more times.

But one thing Corbin tried to do I think is center around the run game, it might work better agaisnt Dumbar but Belfry returned their front seven and had a new secondary, you throw the ball.

I think Corbin shouldnt rely on the pass as much as past. But 70-80 percent Id be throwing the football, especialy if they are no holes opening whatsoever.

What I saw was a very aggressive energetic strong d-line from Belfry and a very sorry lazy o-line from Corbin. No exscuses for the way our big boys played. Corbin should have been able to dominate this game. Coaches just did not have them ready. Corbin is loaded with athletes but you have to unlock the chains. Maybe Dunbar will get to see it happen???????????:dancingpa

It was your sophomore year, Boyd didn't play in that game. He played down here your freshman year though but it wasn't against Corbin. They played Fern Creek and beat the soup outta them. Corbin played Conner your freshman year, Henry Clay your sophomore year, Lex Cath, your junior year, and Bryan Station your senior year.

This is correct. Know way anyone would've beaten a healthy Henry Clay team in '99. Not even the St.Louis Rams that year.

What I saw was a very aggressive energetic strong d-line from Belfry and a very sorry lazy o-line from Corbin. No exscuses for the way our big boys played. Corbin should have been able to dominate this game. Coaches just did not have them ready. Corbin is loaded with athletes but you have to unlock the chains. Maybe Dunbar will get to see it happen???????????:dancingpa

You are correct about our line play. It looked as if we were lost. Tonight is a chance to redeem ourselves, even though Dunbar (IMO) is not half as good as the Belfry Pirates.

And this is based on records from last season, film, or what?

It is only my opinion, but it is based on this:

Belfry 21

Corbin 0

and

Corbin 21

PLD 18

And if that isn't good enough, after watching both Belfry and PLD play, I think the distance between them may be more than I first thought. :sssh: If there is a better team than Belfry in 3A, I would be very suprised.