Corbin vs. Dunbar Predictions

Who wins this game?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Times-Tribune Corbin has a good "corpse" of receivers. To watch a "corpse" catch a football would be worth the drive from Harlan and the price of the ticket.

“We had seen them on film last year and they have an excellent quarterback and an excellent corpse of receivers,” said Haywood. “We were well-pleased with our defense.”

That story was actually a reprint from the Pikeville newspaper that appeared in the Times Tribune.

Actually it should be a pretty good game. Dunbar is nowhere near the caliber of Belfry and Corbin USUALLY plays pretty good at home. It'd be a good game to watch if you want to change it up a bit. Although 20 minutes up the road, Cumberland and Lynn Camp should be a dandy as well.

Yeah, I may go to Cumberland. I want to see David Hensley (Cawood's all-time leading rusher) and his team, though.

Personally, I think Dunbar will win convincingly.

Corey Sewell(who may be the quickest player on the team) being able to play this week should help Corbin on both sides of the ball.

Will Sewell step right back in immediately and start on both sides? Seems like he would have missed a ton of hard hitting action with his wrist injury. No doubt, once he meets the requirements he will be a huge help.

My guess without having seen Corbin play or scrimmage this year, that Dunbar has too much speed for the Redhounds to keep bottled up. The impressive thing about Coach Hensley's Bulldogs is the best players are only juniors.

Next year will be a big year over on Man-o-War Blvd.

The Bulldogs should win convincingly!

Corbin needs to be able to run the ball. I thought that with their size and experience on the offensive line(starters weights are 298, 278, 248, 262 and 234) that they would be able to this year, but maybe Belfry was just that good.

I would expect Campbell and Fritts will both get more carries next week as Sanders is too important to the defense to play much both ways. Campbell had one very good run of about 20+ yards down inside the 5 yard line, but it was called back because of a holding penalty.

I understand what you are saying. I agree Cashen is a cut above most athletes on the field. BUT I just think that you need to run the ball with authority and Corbin has the backs to do that. You add the pin point passing of Cashen and that is an offense that could carry you along way. Good Luck Hounds, Make the Mountians proud against those Bulldogs from Central Kentucky.

Will Sewell step right back in immediately and start on both sides? Seems like he would have missed a ton of hard hitting action with his wrist injury. No doubt, once he meets the requirements he will be a huge help.

He has been practicing, just no contact.

Just a question to the Corbin faithful from a Belfry fan. Do you think Corbin could benefit by taking a more "Belfry-esque approach" by running, running, running, them going to play action? With a talent like Cashen, I would think Corbin could really be effective by calling running plays around 2-1 and mixing in a lot of play action, even on first down. Of course in order to be effective, the LOS would have to be controlled. IMO Corbin has the boys up front. It just seems they have gotten used to backpeddling on the snap.

Dunbar is even bigger and faster then Belfry.

Dunbar-27

Corbin-7

Definately bigger, definately faster at the skill positions, but you will be very hardpressed to find a defense that has football quickness like Belfry. Where most teams are reading the play, Belfry has already reacted, tell-tale sign of a well coached team.

Definately bigger, definately faster at the skill positions, but you will be very hardpressed to find a defense that has football quickness like Belfry. Where most teams are reading the play, Belfry has already reacted, tell-tale sign of a well coached team.

Belfry was one step ahead of the Corbin offense for most of the game. Nothing Corbin did fooled them, making execution and fundamental football the main difference in the game.