Corbin vs. Dunbar Predictions

Who wins this game?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is only one team for Corbin (at least after one game). They are going to have to understand that they are Corbin and Corbin has always run the ball and that should be their bread and butter and let the passing be the desert.

I agree Corbin could win this game but I don't look for it, they appear to be sold on the pass. I think Campbell should be the one the offense is built around not Cashen, but that decision was made along time ago.

I want to say the mountain team will beat the city team but until Corbin can establish some type of rushing offense they will struggle against the better teams.

I understand where you are coming from but this Corbin team should be pass first. This isn't 1982 anymore. I think that is a big problem around here. To be honest, I say the slogan should be "A New Beginning" and not "Pride and Tradition". The past is definitely something we should all be proud of but that's not going to win a team games this day and age. The Hounds have a fine stable of running backs but I think that still yet, the pass game is the bread and butter for this bunch. Next season it may be a different story with Cashen graduating. I think a team should ride it's advantage as far as they can. In Corbin's case, it is a Quarterback that doesn't come along very often.

I'm not advocating scrapping the run game because obviously you need to run in order to open up the passing game. I just think that what appears to be 50/50 should be a little more 65/35 or 60/40. There is no reason this team shouldnt throw for 3000 yards.

I want to add that my reasoning for thinking we should be more pass happy is due to the line appearing to be much better when it comes to pass blocking. Hopefully it's just early season jitters but that's one area that definitely needed some work. Corbin was not getting any holes for the run game to open up.

Actually it should be a pretty good game. Dunbar is nowhere near the caliber of Belfry and Corbin USUALLY plays pretty good at home. It'd be a good game to watch if you want to change it up a bit. Although 20 minutes up the road, Cumberland and Lynn Camp should be a dandy as well.

According to the Times-Tribune Corbin has a good "corpse" of receivers. To watch a "corpse" catch a football would be worth the drive from Harlan and the price of the ticket.

“We had seen them on film last year and they have an excellent quarterback and an excellent corpse of receivers,” said Haywood. “We were well-pleased with our defense.”

Will be a good one! Too close to call. Dunbar has good speed but not sure of their offense allows them to use it. They also have one of the better power backs in the state. Corbin will need to control the ball and win with Willard, he is the glue that keeps that ship floating.