Please, please, please don't ever make this mistake.

ladiesbballcoach

You're the grand jury. Do you indict Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. You're the grand jury. Do you indict Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel horrible for the mom and family as well, however, can you imagine what that little baby girl went through before she died? I just can not see forgetting...I just can not. This is me though...I am really trying hard to see through other peoples eyes on how they can forget that their child is in the car. I don't know, maybe it is because I have raised and been around kids my whole life, maybe that is it, however, I have never forgotten a child in the car or anywhere else. I am very careful to even be a half hour early when I do pick up a child from somewhere....even school. When we were raising our 13 foster girls, I was going to school full time, working full time, and doing an internship, as well as making sure the house was clean and meals were served and spending quality time with the girls. PH was a HUGE help on the chores and such, but still, I found myself really tired and never forgotten one of them. I guess it has happened and has happened, but, how many of these were by accident and how many were on purpose? There is really no way of telling which it is, just what the parent says.[/QUOTe]

I agree!! How do we know??

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. And I do not see this type of thing ever happening to me because my life pretty much revolves around my child. That's what parents do..At least here in the REAL WORLD.
As did she....until she made a mistake. And yes, it could happen to anyone.

I finally forced myself to read part of the article linked above. I could only read some of it before it just got too terrible. That poor child!

Folks, agree with me or not, that poor woman will suffer. There is no need to punish her further. In fact, if she is like most parents, what could you possibly do to her to make her suffer worse than she already is? This is the time for Christian love and forgiveness, not revenge. I hope she seeks God's help and forgiveness. It's the only hope she has.

I read in the paper this morning a point that some of my African American co-workers keep bringing up. If this woman was a poor African American woman, would she already be in jail?
She's not so let's not make this a race issue.

I am sorry, I still dont get it. I had 3 children in 3 years. Both my husband and I worked. However, after taking them to day care, I still worried all day about them. I cant imagine forgetting to take them to day care, and then not think about them all day long. I am a nurse and often dont have time to go to the bathroom. However, I do make certain things my priorities. NOTHING was more important to me than my children. I had enough guilt about leaving them with a babysitter in the first place. I worried all day long about them.

One of those moms remembered to bring doughnuts to her co-workers for Gods sake!

I am certain both these women were basically good people. However, their priorities were certainly WAY off center. Obviously they have paid the ultimate price. I can honestly say that I am often very busy and preoccuped and forget stupid things... but.. I still dont understand WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE THAT BUSY?

How in the world does the father get past this? If the mother is not sent to jail, what kind of a relationship can exist between these two parents? Someone brought up two other children and how they might be the ones punished for their mother going to jail. They've already been punished. Due to what this mother did, not only cased the death of a child, pretty much destroyed her whole family. It might be easier for the family if she did go to prison. Just a thought.

If the below article is accurate, then this woman should be hung out to dry, literally.

Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby told police she forgot the child, but security cameras showed the Symmes Township woman returned to her Mercedes SUV multiple times to retrieve items from the back seat.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14023482/detail.html

Interesting. If she was retrieving items from the back seat multiple times during the day, then just where was the kid? :confused: