Please, please, please don't ever make this mistake.

ladiesbballcoach

You're the grand jury. Do you indict Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. You're the grand jury. Do you indict Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/NEWS01/708240427

A 2-year-old girl was found dead Thursday afternoon inside her mother's car parked outside Glen Este Middle School.

The death of the girl was at least the second car- and heat-related death in the nation Thursday.

A 7-month-old child died in hot vehicle in the parking lot of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.

In a matter of 10 minutes, the temperature inside the Mercedes could have reached close to 120 degrees. Jan Null, an adjunct professor of meteorology in San Francisco, said the car's temperature could have been in excess of 145 degrees and that objects in direct sunlight would have been much hotter

Last year, 29 children died after being left in hot cars. Between 1998 and 2007, there have been 344 such deaths, according to Null's research.\

If you have a small child and even are AT HOME, LOCK your car on these hot days as they will wander into them and play.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my parents and I first moved to Memphis, I was 16 at the time, we lived in a townhome. We lived in Memphis for one week when we heard a rucus outside. The police were there and everything. What had happened, as you can guess, a lady left her baby (three weeks old) in the car in the middle of August. The baby, it seems, had been in the car for 2 hours. The baby was found when the dad came home from work and saw him there, dead. The mother said she forgot he was there, and, after she got done unloading the car, took a nap. She said that the idea of having a baby was so new to her that she forgot all about him....PLEASE!!!!

There is no excuse, no reason, no way you can forget, no way you can just think a few seconds will be safe, etc....I think this should be a crime of at least a life sentence!!!!!

There was an article in the Enquirer last week about this. Parents think the other one took their child to day care or forgot they were in the car. I will never understand how that can happen.
I once almost got to work before I remembered that my child was asleep in the backseat. I was supposed to be dropping him at the sitters, which I usually did not do. I was in my normal morning driving ritual.

Sorry folks. Maybe I'm a terrible parent, but I can see how this happens sometimes.

I once almost got to work before I remembered that my child was asleep in the backseat. I was supposed to be dropping him at the sitters, which I usually did not do. I was in my normal morning driving ritual.

Sorry folks. Maybe I'm a terrible parent, but I can see how this happens sometimes.

You're not the first that has happened or almost happened to. Thank God it turned out OK. People make mistakes and I would be totally sympathetic to a parent in this instance. However, there is no excuse for those who intentionally leave a child in a car while running errands, shopping, or, in some cases, meeting the boyfriend at the bar. Unforgiveable.

But you're right. We should know the circumstances before we condemn someone.

I don't know why you'd EVER leave a small child in a car, much less in this kind of heat...Very sad.

The way I understand it, she usually has someone else drop her daughter off at day care. So this was the first time she had taken her.

She stopped off at school to run an errand. At some point, she must have just slipped into her normal routine, and completely forgot that she had left the child in the car. What's really scary is that, (although I have no children) this sounds like something that could easily happen to me. :eek:

It's just a shame and an emotional trauma that the mother will have to deal with the rest of her life. :cry:

I can't imagine what it would feel like and I don't ever want to know!

She was admitted for psychiatric care later that day. I'd say she's pretty devastated. How do you go on living with something like that? :cry: