Louisville the 18 best program this decade...

RowdyRedRam

I fail to see why its such a big deal to you. I was simply stating something that came across when I read the article.

No big deal. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to make some sort of point. Most posts have an underlying meaning. If not thats cool:thumb:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No big deal. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to make some sort of point. Most posts have an underlying meaning. If not thats cool:thumb:

No, not making any cuts at U of L or anything. I just happen to like ND and I was shocked that they have dropped off so much during the past 10 years. Anyways, congrats to Louisville for being in the top 20.

Here is another question "What rise to the top" ????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How many Natioanl Titles do you have now?? :laugh: :laugh:

I must have missed them.

I find it amusing that you find his statements amusing. So much disrespect towards a team that has beaten more teams that it 'shouldn't' have in the past few years than games they've lost altogether.

Love them or hate them, no team can go against the Cardinals with so much confidence anymore.

First of all, never anywhere in this thread did I say Boise State shouldn't be ranked ahead of Louisville...I knew what their bowl records were, so all of your "research" was for nothing. The "Boise State is a joke" comment was based on the fact that apparently EVERYONE has jumped on their bandwagon since they beat Oklahoma. My point is, they beat ONE Top 10 ball club, so Im not jumping on any bandwagons just yet...Yeah, they beat UL, in 1999, before UL became the nationally recognized team that they are Today. The fact that you have to post rankings like If I can't say BSU doesn't play anybody, then I certainly better not hear anymore downplaying of UL's BCS win over Wake Forest.....

One more top 10 team in a bowl than Louisville has beat in the last decade.

I find it amusing that you find his statements amusing. So much disrespect towards a team that has beaten more teams that it 'shouldn't' have in the past few years than games they've lost altogether.

Love them or hate them, no team can go against the Cardinals with so much confidence anymore.

Glad I could amuse you and others bc your group certainly has me :D . At no time and in no way have I said that U.L. wasn't good, they are. I just believe that they are far from elite and that they had better hang a few National titles up before they claim tradition, greatness or elite. They are better than what they have been and they are respected by others includiing myself. As for your "no team can go against the Cards with so much confidence anymore". I won't try and name them all but I can assure you that much more than few would be very confident in playing them. A poster earlier in this thread named a list of a few that would. I don't think that USC, LSU, Fla., FSU, Auburn, Ga., Ohio State, Mich amoung others would have any worries about it at all. Those type teams fear no one. Heck, I am not on a bandwagon or anything but I think that I would be safe in saying that Boise St. would not worry about U.L.. Would these teams Respect U.L??.....certainly, fear them or worry about them is laughable.

JMO

Glad I could amuse you and others bc your group certainly has me :D . At no time and in no way have I said that U.L. wasn't good, they are. I just believe that they are far from elite and that they had better hang a few National titles up before they claim tradition, greatness or elite. They are better than what they have been and they are respected by others includiing myself. As for your "no team can go against the Cards with so much confidence anymore". I won't try and name them all but I can assure you that much more than few would be very confident in playing them. A poster earlier in this thread named a list of a few that would. I don't think that USC, LSU, Fla., FSU, Auburn, Ga., Ohio State, Mich amoung others would have any worries about it at all. Those type teams fear no one. Heck, I am not on a bandwagon or anything but I think that I would be safe in saying that Boise St. would not worry about U.L.. Would these teams Respect U.L??.....certainly, fear them or worry about them is laughable.

JMO

If your last sentence is the case, why wouldn't Auburn agree to a home-and-home with Louisville?

If your last sentence is the case, why wouldn't Auburn agree to a home-and-home with Louisville?

JMO, but teams from the SEC don't have to play tough OOC schedules to contend for the national title game. If a team from the SEC goes undefeated, they play for the title. If a team from the BEast goes undefeated, they miss out on the title game if 2 other teams are undefeated.

I have no idea, I could probably assure you that it wasn't bc they were afraid of them. For the answer I guess that you would have to ask them. I would say that if maybe you were to go on an Auburn message board that you would get quite a few answers to that question................in between the laughing from the Auburn fans.

JMO, but teams from the SEC don't have to play tough OOC schedules to contend for the national title game. If a team from the SEC goes undefeated, they play for the title. If a team from the BEast goes undefeated, they miss out on the title game if 2 other teams are undefeated.

I just find it funny that none of those teams he mentioned would be "worried" about Louisville, yet the Cards can't get on any of those teams schedules...

I have no idea, I could probably assure you that it wasn't bc they were afraid of them. For the answer I guess that you would have to ask them. I would say that if maybe you were to go on an Auburn message board that you would get quite a few answers to that question................in between the laughing from the Auburn fans.

And I think that if you went on others teams messages boards, you would find several people that would give Louisville alot more credit than you EVER would...

And I think that if you went on others teams messages boards, you would find several people that would give Louisville alot more credit than you EVER would...

That is probably not a very far stretch. :D I also can say that if you did the same that it would suprise you that there would be plenty that agree that U.L. is good but no where close to elite. Which is excatly what I have said.:sleep: :sleep:

Yes, but all this started when a UL fan called Boise State a "joke" after it was said that UL ranked behind Boise State. You actually hit the nail on the head, Louisville is indeed good. Last year they were exceptional--that does not make them an elite program. Are they on their way? Possibly--probably if Petrino sticks around, but only time will tell. Right now they are a program on the rise that is only 4 seasons removed from letting Miami Ohio put up 49 on them in the GMAC Bowl. That doesn't happen to elite programs.

:thumb: :thumb: