Lassing Pointe

98NCCalum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is part of what you look for in a course than I can guarantee you hate Boone Links. Those bad boys are like concrete.

I love fast greens, but if a ball lands on the green and bounces then I'd assume play somewhere else.

I love fast greens, but if a ball lands on the green and bounces then I'd assume play somewhere else.
Either A) you only like to play easy courses or B) you need to put more spin on the ball, not the courses fault.

Do you bowl with the bumbers up too?

Either A) you only like to play easy courses or B) you need to put more spin on the ball, not the courses fault.

Do you bowl with the bumbers up too?

I like the Kenton County courses, Jolly, Hickory Sticks, Pendleton, Houston Oaks, The Bull, Gibson Bay..... Balls land on the green and stick. At Twin Oaks they bounce off the back. I have to play a club short and bounce it onto the green. That is unless it's wet then it's a crap shoot to see if I make it on. I'm about a 12 handicap and I've been golfing for 22 of my 28 years. It's the course. I'm not the only one who refers to it as Twin Strokes/Jokes..... I don't bowl, I'm 28 not 82.

I like the Kenton County courses, Jolly, Hickory Sticks, Pendleton, Houston Oaks, The Bull, Gibson Bay..... Balls land on the green and stick. At Twin Oaks they bounce off the back. I have to play a club short and bounce it onto the green. That is unless it's wet then it's a crap shoot to see if I make it on. I'm about a 12 handicap and I've been golfing for 22 of my 28 years. It's the course. I'm not the only one who refers to it as Twin Strokes/Jokes..... I don't bowl, I'm 28 not 82.
Twin Oaks is terrible. But it's not b/c of hard greens. My ball seems to stick fine there. If the course requires a run up approach then that's what you need to do. That course is a joke, b/c it's horrible layout. It's straight, boring and not challenging.

I'm not sure what you're handicap has to do with anything, but I'm a 4, and believe that you play the course, not vice versa. You shouldn't expect soft greens everywhere (what fun would that be). Golf should be challenging. Twin Oaks must maintain the greens the way they do or it would be even easier.

I don't care how soft or hard a green is, as long as they roll true I am happy. I will adapt to the speed.

Twin Oaks is terrible. But it's not b/c of hard greens. My ball seems to stick fine there. If the course requires a run up approach then that's what you need to do. That course is a joke, b/c it's horrible layout. It's straight, boring and not challenging.

I'm not sure what you're handicap has to do with anything, but I'm a 4, and believe that you play the course, not vice versa. You shouldn't expect soft greens everywhere (what fun would that be). Golf should be challenging. Twin Oaks must maintain the greens the way they do or it would be even easier.

I don't care how soft or hard a green is, as long as they roll true I am happy. I will adapt to the speed.

So my reason for not liking TO is not valid, yet yours are?? That makes sense. I don't expect soft greens everywhere, but if I land an iron on the green (I hit irons exceptionally high) it should stick, not bounce. The greens are small and I have no problem with that. I have no problem with leaving my driver in the bag. I have no problem with double rolled double cut greens. It's been a while since I've played TO, but when I did I repeatedly hit greens and bounced off the back. It was wet. So then I tried to land short and bounce on and my ball would plug. How does a golf ball bounce on a wet green anyway?

So my reason for not liking TO is not valid, yet yours are?? That makes sense. I don't expect soft greens everywhere, but if I land an iron on the green (I hit irons exceptionally high) it should stick, not bounce. The greens are small and I have no problem with that. I have no problem with leaving my driver in the bag. I have no problem with double rolled double cut greens. It's been a while since I've played TO, but when I did I repeatedly hit greens and bounced off the back. It was wet. So then I tried to land short and bounce on and my ball would plug. How does a golf ball bounce on a wet green anyway?

The same way a ball bounces on wet concrete.:D

Just hit a worm burner like I do occassionally, and you don't have to worry about it sticking or bouncing. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I shot 71 there last Saturday with my dad and brother, it's a goat run. We only went there b/c it's relatively flat and my Dad wanted to walk.

He made it too. Definitely wore out around the 16th hole, but he made it.

Played a round of putt-putt there Saturday (bad back still, so I couldn't swing). It wasn't in that bad of shape. Some tee boxes were pretty rough, and it was soft because of the rain the previous day. However, I still don't like the course. Plus, it's the only course I know that is cartpath and fairways only, no driving in the rough. :confused:

Plus, it's the only course I know that is cartpath and fairways only, no driving in the rough. :confused:

Pretty common actually. Folks don't want their rough getting trampled. Legendary Run, off the top of my head, is one. So is Lassing, matter of fact, if I recall. Usually they'll have an entry post and an exit post, and want you to stay on the Fairways in between.

For the record, I love that policy. Have no problem with it.

Pretty common actually. Folks don't want their rough getting trampled. Legendary Run, off the top of my head, is one. So is Lassing, matter of fact, if I recall. Usually they'll have an entry post and an exit post, and want you to stay on the Fairways in between.

About everywhere I play locally is the same way.

Easy way to solve that problem. Stop hitting your balls in the rough.:p

PS. I thought it was common courtesy to drive in the fairways and cart paths????? Of course some of the courses I play it would take a 4 wheel drive golf cart to get into the rough.

I haven't gotten out much the past couple years, but at the places I have gone, it's always the 90 degrees rule. I would just think that the constant grind of the carts on the fairway would take it's toll. I'd rather the rough get worn down than the fairways. As for the rule, I don't mind it at all. It was just the first time I had ever heard of it.