Sony cuts price on PS3 by $100

UKPat02

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any of them, but if I do buy one in the future, it will be a Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has always been the superior and most innovative gaming group, IMO...they just made an error in judgement by making the N64 a cartridge system and opened the door for Sony. I think Nintendo is back with the Wii, for several reasons.

1. Their homegrown games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) are some of the best on any console and you can't get them anywhere else.

2. They're far more innovative, as I noted.

3. While Sony and Microsoft went with the bigger, more versatile systems (DVD, CD, etc.), Nintendo stuck with the gaming platform and kept their prices lower. I don't think having that diversity is as big of a draw as it once was because most people have DVD players now, so it doesn't matter if they're gaming console has that ability or not.

Personally, I thought the N64 was a better gaming console than the Playstation, but they just lost too much from the outside software companies who opted to go with Sony and the cheaper production of discs. Rest assured, Nintendo is back and will soon take it's rightful place atop the gaming heap.

I don't have any of them, but if I do buy one in the future, it will be a Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has always been the superior and most innovative gaming group, IMO...they just made an error in judgement by making the N64 a cartridge system and opened the door for Sony. I think Nintendo is back with the Wii, for several reasons.

1. Their homegrown games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) are some of the best on any console and you can't get them anywhere else.

2. They're far more innovative, as I noted.

3. While Sony and Microsoft went with the bigger, more versatile systems (DVD, CD, etc.), Nintendo stuck with the gaming platform and kept their prices lower. I don't think having that diversity is as big of a draw as it once was because most people have DVD players now, so it doesn't matter if they're gaming console has that ability or not.

Personally, I thought the N64 was a better gaming console than the Playstation, but they just lost too much from the outside software companies who opted to go with Sony and the cheaper production of discs. Rest assured, Nintendo is back and will soon take it's rightful place atop the gaming heap.

You may be right, right now, but the PS3 and the XBox360 are the gaming systems of the future.

Xbox 360 came out over a year ago and Posted 15 million loss last quater or something....

PS3 is not doing very well either and is overpriced, most games on it are flash and no substance

while the Wii is dominating.....

You may be right, right now, but the PS3 and the XBox360 are the gaming systems of the future.

What do you mean, "of the future?"

Wii has proven that people will always fall back on simplified systems, lower cost and easier gameplay. Wii is the family console. It's fun, challenging and a true innovation in a business where bigger seems to equal better.

I disagree...Nintendo is the innovator when it comes to gaming. What can the PS3 and 360 do that it can't besides play DVD's? It won't be long before they're copying the Wii controller and many of the unique features it offers and then Nintendo will do something else and they'll copy again...

Bill Gates is good at that. (See Apple Computers)

If you have to have a Blu-Ray disc player, then you should buy the PS3. It's the cheapest Blu-Ray player being sold right now.

Isn't it worth it to buy just for the Blu Ray player? Aren't those still more than 600?
:thumb: