Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sony cuts price on PS3 by $100

Featured Replies

In hopes that it will double lackluster sales. For my money, Wii is still the best way to go. My girlfriend and I stayed up until 1am this morning playing Mario Party...

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mario Party is great to play with your girlfriend but I am sticking with my 360.

  • Author
Mario Party is great to play with your girlfriend but I am sticking with my 360.

 

360 is nice. Definitely my second choice.

I'll just play my GameCube. :cool:

I don't have any of them, but if I do buy one in the future, it will be a Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has always been the superior and most innovative gaming group, IMO...they just made an error in judgement by making the N64 a cartridge system and opened the door for Sony. I think Nintendo is back with the Wii, for several reasons.

 

1. Their homegrown games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) are some of the best on any console and you can't get them anywhere else.

 

2. They're far more innovative, as I noted.

 

3. While Sony and Microsoft went with the bigger, more versatile systems (DVD, CD, etc.), Nintendo stuck with the gaming platform and kept their prices lower. I don't think having that diversity is as big of a draw as it once was because most people have DVD players now, so it doesn't matter if they're gaming console has that ability or not.

 

 

Personally, I thought the N64 was a better gaming console than the Playstation, but they just lost too much from the outside software companies who opted to go with Sony and the cheaper production of discs. Rest assured, Nintendo is back and will soon take it's rightful place atop the gaming heap.

Isn't it worth it to buy just for the Blu Ray player? Aren't those still more than 600?

I don't have any of them, but if I do buy one in the future, it will be a Nintendo Wii. Nintendo has always been the superior and most innovative gaming group, IMO...they just made an error in judgement by making the N64 a cartridge system and opened the door for Sony. I think Nintendo is back with the Wii, for several reasons.

 

1. Their homegrown games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) are some of the best on any console and you can't get them anywhere else.

 

2. They're far more innovative, as I noted.

 

3. While Sony and Microsoft went with the bigger, more versatile systems (DVD, CD, etc.), Nintendo stuck with the gaming platform and kept their prices lower. I don't think having that diversity is as big of a draw as it once was because most people have DVD players now, so it doesn't matter if they're gaming console has that ability or not.

 

 

Personally, I thought the N64 was a better gaming console than the Playstation, but they just lost too much from the outside software companies who opted to go with Sony and the cheaper production of discs. Rest assured, Nintendo is back and will soon take it's rightful place atop the gaming heap.

You may be right, right now, but the PS3 and the XBox360 are the gaming systems of the future.

Xbox 360 came out over a year ago and Posted 15 million loss last quater or something....

PS3 is not doing very well either and is overpriced, most games on it are flash and no substance

 

 

while the Wii is dominating.....

  • Author
You may be right, right now, but the PS3 and the XBox360 are the gaming systems of the future.

 

What do you mean, "of the future?"

 

Wii has proven that people will always fall back on simplified systems, lower cost and easier gameplay. Wii is the family console. It's fun, challenging and a true innovation in a business where bigger seems to equal better.

The Zelda series alone is enough to keep Nintendo in business.

The Zelda series alone is enough to keep Nintendo in business.

 

Nintendo doesn't flood the market with a lot of games, but when they make one, it's almost always good.

You may be right, right now, but the PS3 and the XBox360 are the gaming systems of the future.

 

I disagree...Nintendo is the innovator when it comes to gaming. What can the PS3 and 360 do that it can't besides play DVD's? It won't be long before they're copying the Wii controller and many of the unique features it offers and then Nintendo will do something else and they'll copy again...

 

Bill Gates is good at that. (See Apple Computers)

If you have to have a Blu-Ray disc player, then you should buy the PS3. It's the cheapest Blu-Ray player being sold right now.

If you have to have a Blu-Ray disc player, then you should buy the PS3. It's the cheapest Blu-Ray player being sold right now.

Isn't it worth it to buy just for the Blu Ray player? Aren't those still more than 600?
:thumb:

You can bet that the 360 prices will drop soon if Sony is dropping theirs. Sony can not compete with Gears of War and Halo 3 (possibly the soon to be greatest video games since the console wars started)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.