• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love this!

Just up my alley!

Peppy, you know this as well as (or better than) I! I can't believe you didn't simply post the answer! :lol:

There are many, but they are subtle at times.

JD, give me some time, and I'll compose an answer that I hope is clear, but concise.

How about this:

In a nutshell the single most important difference is the belief of the Transubstantiation of bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ through the Celebration of the Eucharist.

Of course, there are many more, but none as important as this, IMO. In any event, this should get the conversation rolling! :D

Could you give us more detail on what the transsubstantiation belief is and what each of the two groups believe on just that subject, RM?

Remember the old cartoon stip, Calvin & Hobbes? He had his 'transmogrification machine.' I loved that strip.

I'm not Catholic, so I'll defer, but my understanding of that doctrine was that at the moment the wafer and wine passed the lips during the sacrament of holy communion, it actually became the blood and body of Christ.

How about this:

In a nutshell the single most important difference is the belief of the Transubstantiation of bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ through the Celebration of the Eucharist.

Of course, there are many more, but none as important as this, IMO. In any event, this should get the conversation rolling! :D

Episcopalians believe in semitransubstantiation.