What are the TRUE differences Catholicism / Protestantism

NEXT

AllTell, I mentioned earlier I would be fair and post some things about my own Church...I did this, but since I'm away at Camp I'm not use to this system, I'm not real good at home either. I posted some things and they didn't go through. I don't think someone deleted it so here it is, but firsy I'm trying to be honest with my comments and trying to be more understanding.

I also mentioned earlier where I came from where it is very strict. When we first came to Louisville I was 13, made some friends and was asked to go to a Catholic church picnic. After walking around and having fun I was stopped by the priest and saw him "drinking a beer", I was from a dry county and only saw drinking on Gunsmoke or Bonanza. I tell you AllTell I was shocked...but I was 13.

I can't change my heart. I believe in my posts and I defend my faith...I'm sorry you get miffed at me.

Our church does not have Elders, we have Deacons. Scripture says we need both, and thats wrong.

A divorced man who has a Matthew 19:7 divorce cannot be a Deacon, but some Christian Churches (Southeast in Louisville) will allow if it fits, mu church says no. I was asked to be one by memebers and the church said no, thats not right, I know several men who would fit.

We use our bylaws too much. These are made up by people of the church and sometimes go against the written word.

We come under the authority of the Southern Baptist Convention, I cannot find a verse for the SBC.

We believe in the doctrine OSAS. Once saved always saved. I've done studies with that one and have debated folks and I have some problems with that one.

There is more but thats proves my point. A church is people, and people make mistakes. Did anyone see my posts on the Amish being maybe the closest church by scripture. No one commented on that line.

AllTell, was Mary a virgin her whole life?

How come she is mentioned only twice after the Gospels?

Why can't a Priest Marry?

Peter was married, was he the first Pope?

"Those who believe and are Baptized will be saved" Mark 16:16. Can an infant believe?

An infant should be blessed by the leader of the church.

These things are scripture in nature, and if that Miffs you, I'm sorry.

1st Samual 16:7 "Man looks at the outward appearnace, the Lord looks at the heart".

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This appears to be contradictory to Jesus's own actions.

And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Matthew 26:44

He went away again and prayed the same prayer as before. Mark 14:39

Jesus also instructed us to pray the "Our Father" And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Luke 11:2

So by following is command of saying this prayer when we pray wouldn't that be repetitious?

Game/set/match! :ylsuper:

The infalliblility refers to the doctrine and dogma. Those are unchanged and unchallenged, as far as I'm aware.

The Eucharist is still Transubstantiation

Marriage is still binding

We still believe in baptising infants

We still believe in reaffirming our faith through confirmation...

The fact that the pope is human, and makes mistakes is not the same as his violating or somehow evidence of his fallibility

This is where I have a real problem with Catholics. Baptism is a sacred and important part of Christianity. I do not understand how sprinkling is considered baptism. If you look it up baptism is a word derived from the Greek word Baptizmo( spelling), in which this word means emmerced. Emmerced mean completely under the water, and sprinkled is not even close. Also I feel you need to know the difference between right and wrong to be baptized.

Not so fast my friend...Jesus was about to die he asked his Father his will for him to die. He just asked to be sure. Ever pray for your food to be blessed?

The prayer was to ask again and was never again. Jesus didn't go around asking the same prayer over and over. He only dies once.

The Lords' Prayer is recited more than once. Jesus is showing the disciples how to pray, God must be honored, what to ask for, who to pray to, to forgive us for our sins, and to help us when tempted.

Various Jewish groups had their own distinctive prayer. They also would pray in the streets so people would see them. Jesus said go into a closet and pray.

Bottom line...Pray, if someone wants to repeat it, or whatever pray.

Don't you love it when they call it "sprinkling"? :lol:

We use holy water -- so it doesn't take as much! :cool:

:laugh:

I think this is a good way to end this "discussion". Thanks to those who made it so informative. Although I myself did not take part in the thread, I would like to say that I was both impressed with the openess of some, and embarrassed by the offensive remarks of others. I will leave you with the following words of wisdom:

Rule #3 - Derogatory comments about anyone's race, religion, nationality, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.