40 year old coach/teacher marries his 16 year old player/student. And it is legal.

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're going the moral route. Again, their kid, their decision, our morals don't matter as it isn't our daughter.

If the parents can accept it, why can't you? They may end up having a very long and loving relationship, who are we to tell them they have no right to?

That doesn't mean I can't say their morons and have zero morals...:sssh:

I've accepted it, they're morons...:thumb:

If they do, that would be awesome and I'd congratulate them. Unfortunately he'd probably be dead by then...:devil:

If it makes you feel any better, I'd call you a moron if it was your child and your decision...:p:D

Oh wait, I get it. RTS is jealous...:lol: :lol:

My father was 31 years old when he asked my grandmother for my mother's hand in marriage. My mother was 15 years old. My mother says that she wanted to get married so she could get out of her parents home. She said that she didn't love my father when she married him but she loved him more than life when he died. Now that being said, my mother said that if any man came to her and asked for her daughters hand in marriage and if her daughters were 15 then she would shoot him.:thumb:

So now that I've told you my parents story let me say this. I think her parents have done her a big disservice by allowing her to marry. She will never have a childhood and in my opinion that is sad.

That doesn't mean I can't say their morons and have zero morals...:sssh:

I've accepted it, they're morons...:thumb:

If they do, that would be awesome and I'd congratulate them. Unfortunately he'd probably be dead by then...:devil:

If it makes you feel any better, I'd call you a moron if it was your child and your decision...:p:D

Oh wait, I get it. RTS is jealous...:lol: :lol:

:lol:

I've often threatened to trade my wife in on two 21 year olds. My wife just laughs and asks "what in the world they want with an old man like you"? :irked: :cry:

I found the title of the thread disturbing...then I read the article. He was her cross country coach. She was evidently a top runner. Quotes from past race articles had been pulled up, where she mentions what a phenomenal (sp?) coach he was. Herein lies the problem. #1 - This is a classic example of a girl confusing admiration for love. #2 - Is anyone else concerned at what point this guy (from his standpoint) crossed the line from coach to boyfriend? As a teacher and a coach (I have been both), IMO it is a violation of ethics to cross that line. #3 - The parents are making a really bad decision. Let's say that they honestly have a romantic interest in each other. Why allow them to get married so soon? It is one thing to let them date (though still crazy IMO), it is quite another to go ahead and allow them to get married! This will come back to haunt everybody (except maybe the coach/teacher/boyfriend/husband).

I do not have children, so maybe it is easier for me in my mind. How many of you all would sign for your 16 yro to get married to anyone, much less a 40 yro? Why not tell them to date for a couple of years?

I found the title of the thread disturbing...then I read the article. He was her cross country coach. She was evidently a top runner. Quotes from past race articles had been pulled up, where she mentions what a phenomenal (sp?) coach he was. Herein lies the problem. #1 - This is a classic example of a girl confusing admiration for love. #2 - Is anyone else concerned at what point this guy (from his standpoint) crossed the line from coach to boyfriend? As a teacher and a coach (I have been both), IMO it is a violation of ethics to cross that line. #3 - The parents are making a really bad decision. Let's say that they honestly have a romantic interest in each other. Why allow them to get married so soon? It is one thing to let them date (though still crazy IMO), it is quite another to go ahead and allow them to get married! This will come back to haunt everybody (except maybe the coach/teacher/boyfriend/husband).

I do not have children, so maybe it is easier for me in my mind. How many of you all would sign for your 16 yro to get married to anyone, much less a 40 yro? Why not tell them to date for a couple of years?

Not condoning his/her actions in any way, shape or form but simply answering your question.

My reading into the district and sheriff's office could find no evidence that he acted inappropriately suggests that they have not dated, kissed, etc, etc.

Simply dating would suggest that any actions they would want to pursue would step over the line. Something the lack of evidence for firing by the school district suggests has not happened.

As a married couple, they can now legally do things they wish to do without getting anyone in trouble.

Not condoning his/her actions in any way, shape or form but simply answering your question.

My reading into the district and sheriff's office could find no evidence that he acted inappropriately suggests that they have not dated, kissed, etc, etc.

Simply dating would suggest that any actions they would want to pursue would step over the line. Something the lack of evidence for firing by the school district suggests has not happened.

As a married couple, they can now legally do things they wish to do without getting anyone in trouble.

I am not talking about necessarily anything physical. The line exists emotionally, also. When he went from thinking of her as his student/athlete to a romantic interest, he crossed the line.

Don't you (collectively) think that perhaps the should date, kiss, etc. BEFORE they talk marriage? How many of you married couples didn't date or kiss before? IMO it is just plain crazy.

You know, I'm probably not the right person to answer a question relating to my opinion of men and maturity. :lol:

That's not a very nice thing to say about RTS. :irked:

On an ironic side note: I happened to be listening to a Simon & Garfunkkel CD while reading through this thread.

And guess what song just came on....:rolleyes:

Did you know that in Kentucky, the legal age of consensual sex is 16? So even if the parents tried to charge the man (or woman) with statutory rape, they wouldn't be able to.

Any one want to take odds on how long this marriage lasts?