East 44 West 14 (2007 NKY East/West All Star Game)

West scored first but East answered back big time.

East QBs threw the ball well and ran effectively. West threw a lot of INTs.

Neither team ran the ball all that well. East LBs were too quick.

Actually not a badly played game for an All-star game and considering the heat both teams were in good shape.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East defense controlled the tempo and field condition for the entire game. Koester, Flynn and #44 from Holmes really stood out on the East defense.

The West offense just could not get the sustained drive without a fumble or INT. The West defense got burnt on the long ball, did well against the run.

Enjoyed the developing friendships on the sidelines as much as the action on the gridiron. Great evening for $5.

Here are the game award recipients:

WEST

offensive back Scott Gray Ryle

defensive back Jeremy Cross Holy Cross

offensive line Matt Mullins Ludlow

defensive line Jake Staubitz Holy Cross

West MVP Charles Johnson Lloyd

EAST

offensive back JJ Hesch Newport

defensive back Phillip Horan New Cath

offensive line Nick Hudepohl Cov Cath

defensive line Ben Koester Highlands

East MVP Brandon Griffin Campbell Co.

:thumb:

I really enjoyed the game. Both East and West had some truely awsome plays. Charles Johnson(Lloyd) is a player as well as Brandon Griffin (Campbell Co.) both MVP's of the game. Just enjoyable to get to see both these young men have fun and showcase their talent.

I really wish I could have seen Jordan Kramer run the ball one last time as a High School player, guess I will be driving to Georgetown a time or two this fall. Even though I had the opportunity to watch him all thru his High School career, one last moment would have been the icing on the cake , for me, to a fun evening of football.

Most of all it was great to see all the kids having a good time and making new friends. Whole different atmosphere compared to regular season.

Ok , now it's back to old rivalries and as much as I enjoyed tonight in Dixies beautiful new facility and as much as Coach Spritzky made tonights game a great and wonderful experience for the East kids, it's back to the real world tommorrow and I am not going to like playing at Dixie or against Dixie.:D

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to East 44 West 14 (2007 NKY East/West All Star Game)