April 30, 200719 yr The Reds will retire the #13 worn by Dave Concepcion. No one has worn the number since his retirement in 1988. The ceremony will be held July 28 before the game with the Cubs. Other numbers retired by the Reds are manager Fred Hutchinson's No. 1, Johnny Bench's No. 5, Joe Morgan's No. 8, manager Sparky Anderson's No. 10, Ted Kluszewski's No. 18, Frank Robinson's No. 20, Tony Perez's No. 24, and Jackie Robinson's No. 42
April 30, 200719 yr Davey was money in the hole. Glad to see him get this honor. I wish they would also retire #14. And maybe even #15.
April 30, 200719 yr The Reds will retire the #13 worn by Dave Concepcion. No one has worn the number since his retirement in 1988. The ceremony will be held July 28 before the game with the Cubs. Other numbers retired by the Reds are manager Fred Hutchinson's No. 1, Johnny Bench's No. 5, Joe Morgan's No. 8, manager Sparky Anderson's No. 10, Ted Kluszewski's No. 18, Frank Robinson's No. 20, Tony Perez's No. 24, and Jackie Robinson's No. 42 Very deserving. Wonder who would be the next to be considered. Davis? Soto? Vander Meer?
April 30, 200719 yr Speaking of being honored, in case anyone hasn't read this yet. The Cincinnati Reds will honor three long-time broadcasters during ceremonies prior to their Sunday, June 10 game against the Cleveland Indians. Radio microphones representing Waite Hoyt, Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall will be unveiled for permanent display below the 700 WLW Radio broadcast booth at Great American Ball Park, alongside retired uniform numbers 1 (Fred Hutchinson), 5 (Johnny Bench), 8 (Joe Morgan), 10 (Sparky Anderson), 18 (Ted Kluszewski), 20 (Frank Robinson), 24 (Tony Perez) and 42 (Jackie Robinson). The first 30,000 fans entering the ballpark for that afternoon's 1:15 p.m. game will receive a commemorative poster featuring the three broadcasters. http://www.wcpo.com/content/sports/reds/story.aspx?content_id=e43d51ea-8f07-43aa-87ab-641c30212648
April 30, 200719 yr Author I'm surprised #41 hasn't been retired. I know he didn't pitch there long. I agree about Soto. Eric the Red is another possibility.
May 1, 200719 yr This is Long ovedue. Davey was one of my all time favorites along with Perez, Bench and Rose (really all of the BRM ). Congrats to Dave Concepcion!!!:dancingpa Imo Dave Concepcion was one of the best shortstops to ever play the game. There was nothing that got by him, simply amazing! H.O.F. - Please make the call to Davey!! The man deserves to be in Cooperstown!
May 1, 200719 yr I'm surprised #41 hasn't been retired. I know he didn't pitch there long. I agree about Soto. Eric the Red is another possibility. All would be good choices. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.