Reds to retire Concepcion's #13

Davey was the glue of that infield,

:thumb: I 100% agree!! I remember getting to Riverfront early to watch them take infield and the plays I have seen him make and the balls that he could get to and then the throws to 1st on the money were unbelievable :eek: . Watching him and Geronimo's arm in center field were as good as the ball game :jump:

What took so long? This is long overdue. Davey was an outstanding player who was over shadowed by some titanic teammates.

:thumb: Also, it is hard to tell how many gold glove awards that he would have won if it wasn't for Ozzie Smith. I said earlier Davey was one of the best to play that position, Ozzie may have been THE best to ever play shortstop with Davey not far behind.

Question....I am not debating the validity of any of these numbers being retired, but doesn't that seem like alot of retired numbers? Is this more than most organizations?

JMO but "the Big Red Machine" was not just an ordinary good team. That team is one of the best in baseball history and was loaded with some of the best players in baseball. Imo they deserve the honor in Cincy.