8th Region All A Draw

I could care less about who won what in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. The varsity level is what counts. Henson, Carlton, and Maddox have all been named to the All District, All Region, and All A Region All Tournament teams the past 2 seasons at various times.

Carlton dominated a much bigger front line against Shelby in the regional tournament. Assuming the starting lineup is Carlton, Brown, Hensen, Maddox, and Jones that is close to 150 varsity starts amongst that group, maybe more.

The Panther backers have every right to expect their team to win, but to say Scott Brown is the only returning player that will be a threat next season is preposterous.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown is good but to say he is the only player coming back for Gallatin is one of the most wrong comments I have heard on here. Walton played Gallatin twice last year and I watched them play around ten times last year and the best all around player I saw out there was Maddox. This Gallatin team will be good next year and will most likely win the 8th all A. And that is coming from a Walton fan who really does not care for Gallatin that much.

Brown is good but to say he is the only player coming back for Gallatin is one of the most wrong comments I have heard on here. Walton played Gallatin twice last year and I watched them play around ten times last year and the best all around player I saw out there was Maddox. This Gallatin team will be good next year and will most likely win the 8th all A. And that is coming from a Walton fan who really does not care for Gallatin that much.

I did not mean to say he was the only one returning all together. I meant that from the 2008 class, he was the only one who stood out to me.

I could care less about who won what in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. The varsity level is what counts. Henson, Carlton, and Maddox have all been named to the All District, All Region, and All A Region All Tournament teams the past 2 seasons at various times.

Carlton dominated a much bigger front line against Shelby in the regional tournament. Assuming the starting lineup is Carlton, Brown, Hensen, Maddox, and Jones that is close to 150 varsity starts amongst that group, maybe more.

The Panther backers have every right to expect their team to win, but to say Scott Brown is the only returning player that will be a threat next season is preposterous.

Like I was telling spillywilly, I said that from the 2008 class, he is the only one that stood out to me. Im not saying he is the lonesome returnee, just that he was the only one that stood out from that particular class. And I only mentioned the wins from the previous years because teammomaholic wants to compare classes so I gave my opinion on him saying that Gallatin has "dominated", when in fact they have not. Just trying to make a point here. All I have left to say is, I cannot wait to see this tournament and may the best team win.

Like I was telling spillywilly, I said that from the 2008 class, he is the only one that stood out to me. Im not saying he is the lonesome returnee, just that he was the only one that stood out from that particular class. And I only mentioned the wins from the previous years because teammomaholic wants to compare classes so I gave my opinion on him saying that Gallatin has "dominated", when in fact they have not. Just trying to make a point here. All I have left to say is, I cannot wait to see this tournament and may the best team win.

Fair enough.

I really like Brown on Gallatin..I sure hope he is a senior this year.

TC was coming on at the end of the year.. I am not sure who they have coming back but do not count out the Raiders...

Trimble will have two starters in Curtis and Ward returning and several others that received playing time last year. They also have a very talented new player coming in. I know that Coach Lauster has really worked hard on his program since the season ended. Look for the Raiders to be improved.

Ok. Lets compare classes. '08 of Gallatin has Henson, Brown, and Jones. '08 of Carroll had Welch. He chose to be a cheerleader instead. Carroll Has nobody that impresses me in the '08 class. '09 of Gallatin has Carlton and Maddox. If you want to name someone on Carroll that can even try to play on the same level as those two then put Cable and maybe Hendricks. I really dont know who is on Carroll's '10 class so i wont name Gallatins. But we Did dominate the past two seasons. Gallatin has lost once to Carroll in the past two seasons.

Come to think of it, we not only dominated Carroll on the hardwood, We whipped 'em on the gridiron too. :D

Ok. Lets compare classes. '08 of Gallatin has Henson, Brown, and Jones. '08 of Carroll had Welch. He chose to be a cheerleader instead. Carroll Has nobody that impresses me in the '08 class. '09 of Gallatin has Carlton and Maddox. If you want to name someone on Carroll that can even try to play on the same level as those two then put Cable and maybe Hendricks. I really dont know who is on Carroll's '10 class so i wont name Gallatins. But we Did dominate the past two seasons. Gallatin has lost once to Carroll in the past two seasons.

Come to think of it, we not only dominated Carroll on the hardwood, We whipped 'em on the gridiron too. :D

Keith Welch will be returning for his senior year. He did not choose cheerleading over basketball, he chose football over basketball this year. Cheerleading was just something to fill time along with his conditioning. He will be participating all summer to get back with the team. He has been working very hard on both basketball and football this spring season.

I do agree that 7th, 8th and frosh tourneys are not overly important in the varsity discussion. They are a point of reference based on the outcome of the tourneys which seem to favor Carroll. But when you factor in experience on the varsity level, Gallatin has really used their underclassmen very well.

Coaching is always a factor in these matchups. I think that Carroll County will find it's stride with their coaching staff. As always, this will continue to be a great rivalry that hopefully will be more competitive this year.

I think 2007-08 will be a very different year on the hardwood and the gridiron this year for Carroll County.