8th Region All A Draw

Keith Welch will be returning for his senior year. He did not choose cheerleading over basketball, he chose football over basketball this year. Cheerleading was just something to fill time along with his conditioning. He will be participating all summer to get back with the team. He has been working very hard on both basketball and football this spring season.

I do agree that 7th, 8th and frosh tourneys are not overly important in the varsity discussion. They are a point of reference based on the outcome of the tourneys which seem to favor Carroll. But when you factor in experience on the varsity level, Gallatin has really used their underclassmen very well.

Coaching is always a factor in these matchups. I think that Carroll County will find it's stride with their coaching staff. As always, this will continue to be a great rivalry that hopefully will be more competitive this year.

I think 2007-08 will be a very different year on the hardwood and the gridiron this year for Carroll County.

Very well put!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to compare gridiron results, let's move to another forum and I will put on my blue and gold and be happy to join in! :p

I am sure Gallatin kids don't want to be reminded of the thrashing they got from Trimble County on the gridiron last year. Hopefully, the Cats will be a little more competition to the Raiders when we play later this fall.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think so! I think the Gallatin fans have the right opinion in this one. I went to the Walton and Carroll scrimmage last night and Walton just dominated! They were to quick and scored to fast. Little guard were getting the ball over CC's big men. But i guess it really isn't a bad thing starting five gaurds! Sometimes it works! But Gallatin definitely has the advantage of this tournament.

I was also at this scrimmage. It was a typical summer game, very little calls made. Too early in the year to be predicting, I would not count anyone out based on the first scrimmage of the year.

I was not at the scrimmage but I know that CC only had about 2 practices prior to playing and then they were trying to decide what combination of players to use.

Nothing against Walton because I heard they looked pretty good, but I agree with Sticks after watching a few of the girls teams scrimmage it is too early to really tell anything.

I did not attend the scrimmage either. But I would think that part of summer "scrimmages" is to get as many kids to play as possible and not a "win at all costs" approach.

I also know that Carroll has started football practice/conditioning and that could play quite a role in not being as "quick" as Walton.

IMO why does it matter what happens in June, the season doesn't start for another 5 1/2 months.

Let's play some football first.:banana: