Everything posted by downonthefarm
-
New Bourbon County Football Coach
Good Luck to Coach Poynter. Hope he can have the same success at BC as when he was there with Dudley!
-
Punt rule clarification
Wow. I didn't realize that was just on any punt. I have always thought once the punt was kicked posession changed hands unless it was blocked. And, if blocked, whether team K could advance the ball depended on if it traveled past the L.O.S. My question now is "What constitutes a try?" Is a 'try' a Point After or Field Goal?
-
Ludlow/Carroll County
How can there be so much love for Ludlow when they not only got beat, but shut out last week? While Carroll beat a huge rival in less than ideal conditions last Friday night or Saturday morning, however you want to look at it. I will have to go with Carroll County on this one. Good luck Coach Weedman and team!
-
Trimble Co/Henry Co Predictions
The outcome of this game will be Trimble's defense. Last year the D stifled Henry and if they perform the same way this year it should be quite a game. Trimble has the ability to put up some points. I know Poynter will have them ready.
-
The Offense Of The Future?
I have not watched the video or read much on this other than throught his thread. But based on this quote, then "any" player can run a route down field also as long as the ball is ran or thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage? Correct or not?
-
2008 Trimble County
That is good to hear.:dancingpa Maybe JARS doesn't know how good of a job Trimble County Football is!!!:flame:
-
2008 Trimble County
Which of those "more lucrative and prestigous programs" have tempted him with an offer?:confused: Of the half dozen (give or take) I saw his name referenced to on BGP he must of had his pick and chose none of them:creepy::scared:
-
Paris Coach
Thanks!:thumb: You are probably correct. Especially now that I am looking at Hail To the Chief's big "S" as an Avatar and Somerset as his location.
-
Paris Coach
Is that the correct spelling or the new coach?
-
Madison Southern Open?
You apparently have someone in mind. Do you care to share? or has this individual applied for the job?
-
Frankfort 57 Trimble Co. 16 (1A)
Trimble has some kids on the sidelines that obviously will have to step it up next year for them to be as good as the past two years. They have a very good corps of skill players coming back. Replacing backs the caliber of Hawkes, Peters and Bird will be a challenge and losing 5 senior linemen (4 starters) will be instrumental. Sullivan, Edens and Posas should be able to make things happen. Smith will be anchoring the line next year and just hope some of the young linemen get in the weight room and make huge strides. With the added ability to mix up the offense throwing and running that they developed this year they should continue to be good. Don't count them out just yet. Keep up the great work in Bedford!!
-
Oldham County @ Owensboro (5A)
Don't know too much about either of these teams and won't make a prediction. But, I do know Coach Oldham and he appears to have things clicking in Colonel country considering that big win against Anderson Co. Good luck to Coach O and the Colonels.
-
Second Round: Trimble County @ Frankfort
Must have been reprimanded by Coach Poynter!:laugh:
-
Bellevue 20 Dayton 13 (1A)
Congrats to Coach E and the Tigers! Good luck next week against the Beechwood.
-
Carroll County @ CAL
CAL has had the better team through the year, but if Carroll has everybody healthy and playing together they are going to be a tough out this week. CAL by 14.
-
Spencer County @ North Oldham
I'll take the Mustangs in this one. Spencer's backs are going to be a handful though.
-
Gallatin vs Trimble District Game
I have heard hand injury? Will he be able to play defensively on Friday? If not he will be missed in the secondary the way Trimble has been throwing the ball lately.
-
Trimble Co 50 Casey Co 21
Great win for the Raiders. Get ready for the re-match against the Wildcats.
-
Carroll Co. 13 Dayton 7
Nice win Panthers. Good luck next week against CAL!
-
Yet another Rules Question
Thanks! :thumb: I figured the rule differentiated the types of kicks but wasn't sure.
-
Yet another Rules Question
I understand this and I have no idea on the rule, but based on this analysis: Would a Fleming player would have signaled for a fair catch? If not then why on a punt can the kicking team catch the ball on the fly and not have a "catch/fair catch" interference penalty? I am just wondering as I really don't know.
-
KCD 32 Carroll Co 7
I think the middle school programs should be 7th & 8th graders (like it was IN THE DAY) and let 6th graders play in the Little Leage programs. The only thine most 6th graders do on middle school teams is "ride the pine". Some will get some action, but I would guess very few. 5th graders going against the other league teams of 5th & 6th is causing them to get clobbered and lose interest in the game. It is tough to have fun when you have trouble even scoring.
-
Varsity starters playing JV
Was WV playing Seniors on their JV team? If that is what they agreed on there is no problem, although it does hurt the regular JV players in that they don't get as much playing time to reward them for their hard work through the year (typically getting beat on by the varsity).
-
KCD 32 Carroll Co 7
Carroll is really struggling this year. I know a new coach, but I thought they had some seniors that were supposed to lead the way? Rose's injury has been well documented on here, but what about the rest of the bunch? Good luck to the Panthers!
-
Bellevue 26 Gallatin County 0
Congrats to Bellevue! To shut out a good offensive team like Gallatin is impressive. Defense must of played a heck of a game. Gallatin has lost a couple to some very good opponents are they going to be able to overcome some of this adversity before the playoffs?