Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue 20 Dayton 13 (1A)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Eckstein will be on my radio show at 10:15 tomorrow morning. Congrats to the Tigers.

Have to admit, I'm a little surprised by this one.

 

Congrats Tigers

Both teams played really hard and Bellevue scored a touchdown on a long pass to score with 27 seconds left in the game. Both teams played good, would like to make 2 comments on the game.

 

1) Worst officiating crew I have ever seen, for both teams. And the last pass interference when Brownfield picked the ball off was horrible by all means.

 

2) Dayton decided to throw the ball every down possible. No one could figure it out why, because when they ran the ball they would pick up good yardage and scored both times running, but still continued to throw the ball every single down. Still scratching my head on that one.

 

Good game though

Thrilling game although both teams had periods of bad play.

 

For Dayton that was pretty much the whole first half. No spark, could not stop the run or short passes, could not move the ball. Down 12-0 at the half.

 

For Bellevue the bad period was the second half up until the last 3 minutes of the game. Couldn't run it very well and starting punting poorly. Dayton started opening it up and really moved the ball well taking a 13-12 lead.

 

However Bellevue would mount one last drive following a very nice Dayton punt out of their own endzone.

 

Yes, the pass interference call will be talked about but that only moved the ball to the Dayton 45. Poor tackling on the passes after that is what did the Greendevils in. Bellevue scored with 27 seconds to go and Dayton could do nothing in the final 27 seconds.

Good game by both Dayton and Bellevue... It is exciting to is big rival games like these come down to those last second big plays.... Congats to cocah Eckstein and his Tigers

Both teams played really hard and Bellevue scored a touchdown on a long pass to score with 27 seconds left in the game. Both teams played good, would like to make 2 comments on the game.

 

1) Worst officiating crew I have ever seen, for both teams. And the last pass interference when Brownfield picked the ball off was horrible by all means.

 

2) Dayton decided to throw the ball every down possible. No one could figure it out why, because when they ran the ball they would pick up good yardage and scored both times running, but still continued to throw the ball every single down. Still scratching my head on that one.

 

Good game though

 

It was interference and was not hard to see. We played bad tonight and made too many mistakes. As far as the pass are you serious. We dropped four balls that were going for 40 +, so keep scratching your head. Bellevue's secondary is their weakness and it showed Dayton tried to take advantage of it. It is easy to say and do things from the stands. The plays are called for a reason. We broke three runs for about 10 yards. All of the other runs were 2 and 3. Did you not see us run the ball our last three possessions. Plus we have two guys not being able to tackle A.K in the last few seconds of the game.

Congrats to Bellevue on the win! I know I was rooting for Dayton, but as I said in the prediction thread, I thought Bellevue would win...How long was that pass from Bellevue that won the game?

Very well said. This game could have gone either way tonight, the Tigers just pulled it off when it counted the most. Good win for the boys in Bellevue and now its time to get ready for the Tigers in red and white.

Congrats to Bellevue on the win! I know I was rooting for Dayton, but as I said in the prediction thread, I thought Bellevue would win...How long was that pass from Bellevue that won the game?

 

Not sure on the exact distance maybe around 25 yards. Austin Kessen of Bellevue broke a tackle that set him free for the touchdown.

Not sure on the exact distance maybe around 25 yards. Austin Kessen of Bellevue broke a tackle that set him free for the touchdown.

 

Wow, sounds like just a great game. I wish I could have seen it! And good luck next round against Beechwood...:thumb:

Yeah the interference was not on the guy who intercepted it but the receiver was clearly drilled way before the ball got their. However.........what a classic HS football game. Both teams hit hard and often. Bellevue's change on defense really confused Dayton the first half....although the 2nd half Dayton made great adjustments.

 

 

I agree about the officiating.....that was the worst I have seen in years for both teams.

 

 

Classy game and classy fans and players afterwards. A lot of mutual respect by both teams.

 

Bellevue's and Dayton's defenses both made several 4th down key stops in this one. Ricky Buckler ran great and hard and showed why he is such a tough running back. Ditto for #4 from Dayton.

Wow, sounds like just a great game. I wish I could have seen it! And good luck next round against Beechwood...:thumb:

 

It was a great game. The Futurecoach jinx is still going;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.