What is the first gun you owned?

I didn't mean to go on if some think that I did, just get emotional when thinking about those guns and times hunting with my dad, I miss him.

It's not so much the guns as the memories that we treasure. The guns are the vessels for those memories rivaled only by old cars owned or restored by those in our past. I think I'll take the boys huntin' this weekend.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Advise!!!! Learn the basics from someone who hunts..take their advise and then....make your own mistakes. You'll learn from those quicker than anything..and two rules I got from my grandfather!!

1:"Don't shoot it if you don't plan on eating it!!"

2:"I'll teach you how to clean it ONCE...then,if you bring it in..YOU clean it!!!"

Have fun..even if you come home empty handed,you have had a day out in the woods away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life!! And really..what more could you ask for..(except maybe a few morel mushrooms!!)

:thumb: Great advice and comments :thumb: . I might add another one or two in the advice column: 1. Make sure of your target AND what is beyond it before you even think about shooting. 2. Safety first! 3. Remember #1 and #2. 3. Be thankful for every day that you have out in God's creation. "A bad day hunting or fishing beats the best day at work every time" ;)

It's not so much the guns as the memories that we treasure. The guns are the vessels for those memories rivaled only by old cars owned or restored by those in our past. I think I'll take the boys huntin' this weekend.

:thumb: Thank you pepper and a big :thumb: :thumb: on taking your boys hunting, all of you will build memories for a lifetime.

:thumb: Great advice and comments :thumb: . I might add another one or two in the advice column: 1. Make sure of your target AND what is beyond it before you even think about shooting. 2. Safety first! 3. Remember #1 and #2. 3. Be thankful for every day that you have out in God's creation. "A bad day hunting or fishing beats the best day at work every time" ;)

Great Post..all of you young hunters take this to heart!!!!!

First was a .410 from Kmart

Some of what I currently own -

Glock 27

Beretta 9mm

Dan Wesson .357

Colt Python and Anaconda

Colt AR-15

2 SKS

1 AK-47

Complete set of Colt blue revolvers from .22 to .44 caliber

Every John Wayne revolver and rifle I can get my hands on.....

My uncle, father, brother, and grandfather are going in on this -

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

First was a .410 from Kmart

Some of what I currently own -

Glock 27

Beretta 9mm

Dan Wesson .357

Colt Python and Anaconda

Colt AR-15

2 SKS

1 AK-47

Complete set of Colt blue revolvers from .22 to .44 caliber

Every John Wayne revolver and rifle I can get my hands on.....

My uncle, father, brother, and grandfather are going in on this -

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Man, that same 50 cal was my favorite gun when I use to play Delta Force 2. If it's anything like it's video game couterpart, thats nasty.:lol:

Man, that same 50 cal was my favorite gun when I use to play Delta Force 2. If it's anything like it's video game couterpart, thats nasty.:lol:

It is the wickedest gun I have ever seen, handled, or shot in my entire life. When you shoot it, the compression around you will scare he living you know what out of you......