Milton

We need to get rid of him as fast as we can, he is 15-24 as a red with a era over 4.25 i believe, i might be cutting into his era., all he does is eat a way at are salary and lose us ball games, if we could trade him for anything, i would be happy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get rid of him as fast as we can, he is 15-24 as a red with a era over 4.25 i believe, i might be cutting into his era., all he does is eat a way at are salary and lose us ball games, if we could trade him for anything, i would be happy.
First of all, 4.25 is not awful.

Secondly, today's outing was not that bad at all.

yeah... but I dont' think it is 4.25...

For his career his ERA is 5.01...Probably a little worse since joining the Reds. What blows me away is, this year alone he is the second highest paid Reds player at $10,333,333. Some how, some way, he won't be in the rotation long.

Funny how the same people that want Milton gone are the ones that weren't happy Krivsky didn't go out and spend more on a similar type option in the offseason???

I am not one of them, I thought we should bring up Bailey to start the year, JMO.

Last season was a vast improvement for him compared to his first as a Red. He's in the last year of his contract so this is probably it for him here anyway. As long as his record remains around .500(which I think it will) like last year he'll be in the rotation. His outing today was solid I felt. Giving up 4 runs a game isn't that bad nowadays. Only scoring 3 is.

Whether he ends up with a great year, an average year or a pathetic year, he will likely not be back next year. Unless he accepts obscenely less money, that may open the door for the savior everyone wants to see.

The Reds signed him to a big deal and they are stuck with him, just like Griffey. The Reds can use the Milton money and pick up a servicable starter if something comes up or the savior isn't ready.

I would not have such a problem with Milton if he was banking a lot less than 9 mil. He is held to a higher standard due to his pay check. Going 5 innings and giving up 4 runs isn't going to cut it. Elizardo could do that.

I would not have such a problem with Milton if he was banking a lot less than 9 mil. He is held to a higher standard due to his pay check. Going 5 innings and giving up 4 runs isn't going to cut it. Elizardo could do that.

After a decent start to last year, Elizardo couldn't make it out of the 2nd inning, at least Milton can do that. :p

Yep, I agree with you, the complaining might not be "as bad" if Milton was making a heckuva a lot less.