Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde blasts Huggins

Featured Replies

That's just a non-professional way of saying what everyone else thinks - including all the national media.

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't think that when the national media gets together behind closed doors to talk about Bob Huggins they say "man Huggins really sucks"

 

now they may say he has made some questionnable choices, that he did the Kansas State program wrong by leaving, or that he hasn't won the big game, but probably not that he "sucks."

 

because as a whole he clearly doesn't suck... no matter how you look at it, he wins ballgames... check the W's and L's..

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know for sure but I wouldn't think that when the national media gets together behind closed doors to talk about Bob Huggins they say "man Huggins really sucks"

 

now they may say he has made some questionnable choices, that he did the Kansas State program wrong by leaving, or that he hasn't won the big game, but probably not that he "sucks."

 

because as a whole he clearly doesn't suck... no matter how you look at it, he wins ballgames... check the W's and L's..

 

Yeah, check the ethic$.

Here's my take:

 

College basketball, while we as fans may not see it as such, is a business. Coaches are the "hot" commodity. Huggins had it rough, and KState went to bat so to speak, giving him a second chance. I understand that West Virginia is his home and that this is/was probably his last chance to go get that "dream job". My beef is not that he left KState, because I think everyone involved realized that was inevitably just a stepping stone to bigger and better things. What I don't like about the situation is how he did it. Stay another 2 years, heck even only another year, get that all important NCAA bid for the people of Manhattan and ride off into the sunset as a hero. But don't do it like this.

Here's my take:

 

College basketball, while we as fans may not see it as such, is a business. Coaches are the "hot" commodity. Huggins had it rough, and KState went to bat so to speak, giving him a second chance. I understand that West Virginia is his home and that this is/was probably his last chance to go get that "dream job". My beef is not that he left KState, because I think everyone involved realized that was inevitably just a stepping stone to bigger and better things. What I don't like about the situation is how he did it. Stay another 2 years, heck even only another year, get that all important NCAA bid for the people of Manhattan and ride off into the sunset as a hero. But don't do it like this.

 

???:confused:

 

If he stays another year the WVU job is filled and there wouldn't be a reason for him to leave KState.. I don't think he would have left KState after this season for many schools but WVU was one of them IMO... Do you think he came to KState and thought he'd only be staying for one year?

Yeah, check the ethic$.

 

So he "sucks" ethically in your opinion... not generally "sucky" just outright... there are some none "suck" qualities to him...

???:confused:

 

If he stays another year the WVU job is filled and there wouldn't be a reason for him to leave KState.. I don't think he would have left KState after this season for many schools but WVU was one of them IMO... Do you think he came to KState and thought he'd only be staying for one year?

 

That's what I said. He wasn't going to have another chance, and I completely understand why he wanted to leave, but it stinks to high heaven that he turned his back on them.

He left his top 2 assistants and put K State in a place to keep the best recruiting class in the land. The bottom line is he left the program in better hands than where it was when he got there. 1 month or 15 years. These days that's all you can ask for...

  • Author
He left his top 2 assistants and put K State in a place to keep the best recruiting class in the land. The bottom line is he left the program in better hands than where it was when he got there. 1 month or 15 years. These days that's all you can ask for...

 

I also heard he left some of his players very upset. I heard Beasley is not happy at all that he cannot leave. I dont know if he has left it that much better or not yet.

I also heard he left some of his players very upset. I heard Beasley is not happy at all that he cannot leave. I dont know if he has left it that much better or not yet.

 

The unfair thing is that he can just leave and start coaching immediately - the players have to sit out a year if they leave.

I think if this had been any other job besides West Virginia, the abuse from the media would be acceptable. I think you get a pass if you choose to get to your alma mater and therefore this move by Huggs is fine with me.

 

THat is how I feel. West Virginia is his alma mater, who wouldn't want to go back?

Forde loves to rip anyone he can. Makes him feel big. As far as Huggins, ... it is WVU, the school he played for. I am with GCHS_UK9 and SWEET16 on this one, ... any other school, this would have been an issue. But WVU? I have no problem with it and understand 110%.

The unfair thing is that he can just leave and start coaching immediately - the players have to sit out a year if they leave.

 

I agree that this is a problem.

My brother is friends with Pat....but didn't he leave us readers of the CJ for ESPN? Everyone looks to better THEMSELVES first...there is nothing wrong with that.

The unfair thing is that he can just leave and start coaching immediately - the players have to sit out a year if they leave.

But it wouldn't have been unfair if Billy Donovan came to UK and left his recruits behind...or how about Billy G? That's life, and that's why kids are supposed to sign with schools as well. I will say this, particularly in college basketball, if my kids ever get the shot at a scholly, I will make them wait until the late signing period, so that we know who the coach would be.

I was listening to ESPN Radio on XM last night on my way home and I caught just a snippet on Huggs. Whoever it was talking, (I'm assuming it was Forde) actually called him a Scumbag. That seemed a little over the top considering the situation. Did anyone else hear this?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.