Forde blasts Huggins

The unfair thing is that he can just leave and start coaching immediately - the players have to sit out a year if they leave.

The coach isn't paying the players' tuition, books, meals, etc. the university is. The players 1st loyalty should be to the school they select. The way the coaches move around today every player should ask themselves what school they really want to play at in the event the coach decides to leave because there are no guarantees.

I think it's a little hypoctitical to bash a coach for moving to a "better" situation when the players can play for 1 year and go to the NBA. Where's the loyalty to the coach who recruited them or the university who paid their way??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother is friends with Pat....but didn't he leave us readers of the CJ for ESPN? Everyone looks to better THEMSELVES first...there is nothing wrong with that.

Thats fine except that players get screwed. Obviously coaches are going to move around, but leaving after ONE YEAR is bad. The NCAA needs to get with it and automatically grant releases from LOIs when coaches change. I'm half for eliminating the 1 year waiting period for transfers when theres a coaching change.