Did Scott Co. sandbag in the first two rounds?

I never said we would be better with someone else I just question lots of his in game decisions.

you're right, I was just ribbing you a little for being so critical of Hicks when he has done so well up there. I think your exact words were something like.

"Hicks is a good practice coach but he is not good in games".

Now another question, and I hate to second guess Renner when I am sure he knows twice as much about coaching his team than all of us put together, but would it have benefitted Ballard in the 4th quarter last night if he had rested his starters when he was ahead of Clark County by 30 points.

My guess is that it would not have had as great an impact as with resting Scott County's players. Ballard is so deep, they played 11 kids last night, that it would probably had no impact. I think I still would have rested Beckham and a couple others.

They had issues with shooting jumpers - even rested they had a tough time hitting shots from outside 10'. That said - some rest in a tournament where you have to win 4 games in 3 days would be a good idea. 32 was the only one who I thought fatigue came into play. Becham, Hamilton, and Gulson still had pretty froggy legs even at the end of the game.

Rojas always has to make things difficult making me look like an idiot right now LOL. Your right those were my exact words and even though i felt that way or feel that way the buckets of crow are sitting in front of me right now.

I never said we would be better with someone else I just question lots of his in game decisions.

Yeah he makes terrible in game decisions!! You've got ot joking right? He obviously doesn't know what he's doing, I mean he's only won 2 state titles.:rolleyes:

I probably had 20 different people ask me that question Saturday afternoon, so it clearly was on some folks' minds.

It entered my mind too when I was watching the games. I think that it's a good question to ponder. When Adair was holding their own for awhile with them I thought that Scott Co. was laying back on 'D' some because I thought that they weren't quite showing them the intensity that they were capable of. I was fooled a bit because it made me wonder too if they were really as good as advertised. Because of this I even thought that Ballard would certainly win it all. I now certainly believe that Scott Co. held back on intensity to A. Save legs and B. Fool opponents. Whatever it was it worked and they are now the State Champs and deservedly so.

Sportsdfan I agree his is a good coach but sometimes a timeout would be nice or to lay off the refs a little bit to get in a timeout and draw something up. Don't get me wrong you can't argue numbers and numbers he has. I just think that is why he hasn't gone to the next level(which I could very easily be wrong about).

Sportsdfan I agree his is a good coach but sometimes a timeout would be nice or to lay off the refs a little bit to get in a timeout and draw something up. Don't get me wrong you can't argue numbers and numbers he has. I just think that is why he hasn't gone to the next level(which I could very easily be wrong about).

He is the best coach in Kentucky High School basketball. Period. Coach Hicks has never and will never draw anything up in a timeout. Have you ever seen the man with a clipboard in his hand? He doesn't have one. That's because he knows winning basketball games is all about INDIVIDUAL PLAYER DEVELOPMENT, not Xs and Os.