Did Scott Co. sandbag in the first two rounds?

They played relatively poorly in cruising to the semis, giving some folks (myself included) a thought that they might be taken down in the semis.

Were they sandbagging to give their semifinal and finals opponents a false sense of confidence?

They played relatively poorly in cruising to the semis, giving some folks (myself included) a thought that they might be taken down in the semis.

Were they sandbagging to give their semifinal and finals opponents a false sense of confidence?

Sandbaging? No. Trying to conserve energy in their key players? Without a doubt.

In the first round against Oldham Co. there was nothing wrong with sitting the starters in the 2nd half. Friday against Adair Co. they took us out of our game for a while and slowed down the pace. Add on top of that some poor shooting that'll do it. But playing down to their frist two opponets on purpose absolutely not. Sorry they couldn't win the Sweet 16 too convincingly for ya.

In the first round against Oldham Co. there was nothing wrong with sitting the starters in the 2nd half. Friday against Adair Co. they took us out of our game for a while and slowed down the pace. Add on top of that some poor shooting that'll do it. But playing down to their frist two opponets on purpose absolutely not. Sorry they couldn't win the Sweet 16 too convincingly for ya.

I don't care one way or another. It was a question I was asked a few times today, so I figured it was a good one for the board.

1st round - SC was up 30 and put in the bench. Bench was bad - Oldham closed the gap but the game was never in question.

2nd round - SC played bad. Underestimated Adair. Matt Walls put the team on his back and got the win.

No sandbag... I feel bad that the folks at the Sweet 16 never got to see SC click on all cylinders. It's fun to watch when they have it going.

1st round - SC was up 30 and put in the bench. Bench was bad - Oldham closed the gap but the game was never in question.

2nd round - SC played bad. Underestimated Adair. Matt Walls put the team on his back and got the win.

No sandbag... I feel bad that the folks at the Sweet 16 never got to see SC click on all cylinders. It's fun to watch when they have it going.

I really thought SC clicked on all cylinders against Holmes. Holmes was a much better team than most think. They never played with all their starters until the regional tournament.

When you hit your shots you look like world beaters. Preperation more than sandbagging first two games and survival the last two.

Hicks intentionally sat his starters as many minutes as he could the first couple games. He knew a war was coming Saturday.

I really thought SC clicked on all cylinders against Holmes. Holmes was a much better team than most think. They never played with all their starters until the regional tournament.

If Mackey plays his A game to go along with Walls play (and Hundley's free throws) - SC wins by 20+. Mackey didn't play like he can outside of the last 16 minutes of the finals... man I'm glad he decided to step it up when he did:ylsuper: