Greenup coaching question

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldrambler is right on target. If the Greenup County season was disrupted by all the controversy, keep in mind which bunch set the time table. It was the GC administration that chose to shoot its main bullet in mid-December. Hicks had nothing to do to cause that fiasco because, whatever sins Hicks allegedly committed (if any), they were done long, long before that.

If you want to place a blame for the timing of the turmoil, it goes squarely on the GC "braintrust".

There is always 2 sides to every story, depending on who is talking, but the truth is usally somewhere in the middle. With that in mind, from my understanding The GC administration had no option on the timing. The KHSAA told Greenup to deal with this problem or they would. I also know that all the public hears is Hick's side of the story, or whatever documents that have to be released to the public. The GC administration are not out in the public spreading that side of the story. (why because that is not public's right to know, that is between GC and hicks.) What I dont understand is if Hicks was done so wrong why has this not gone to court so Hicks can prove his side of the story? Maybe all he has is ability to mislead people into thinking he is not the one in wrong. JMO

The name I am hearing for this job is a familiar one in the 16th region. Now coaches at a district opponent to Greenup Co!

I wonder if it is the same name I'm hearing. By the way GoRadio did a nice job on the girls coverage of the 16th Regional Tourney last night. I wonder if this coach wants to be at Greenup Co., or does Greenup Co. want this particular coach.

There is always 2 sides to every story, depending on who is talking, but the truth is usally somewhere in the middle. With that in mind, from my understanding The GC administration had no option on the timing. The KHSAA told Greenup to deal with this problem or they would. I also know that all the public hears is Hick's side of the story, or whatever documents that have to be released to the public. The GC administration are not out in the public spreading that side of the story. (why because that is not public's right to know, that is between GC and hicks.) What I dont understand is if Hicks was done so wrong why has this not gone to court so Hicks can prove his side of the story? Maybe all he has is ability to mislead people into thinking he is not the one in wrong. JMO

You must have read a different newspaper than the DI. All we have gotten is the GC viewpoint.

If KHSAA put pressure on GC to act, it doesn't change the fact that GC caused the turmoil for the team. All the "information" was available long prior to the start of practice in October. GC, by its inaction, caused the unfortunate timing.

As for "court", please keep in mind that the actual legal system does not operate like a television show. Everything is not completed in an hour.

I wonder if it is the same name I'm hearing. By the way GoRadio did a nice job on the girls coverage of the 16th Regional Tourney last night. I wonder if this coach wants to be at Greenup Co., or does Greenup Co. want this particular coach.

Thanks for the kind words! I am hearing both the coach and the school want the "union" to occur. Might depend on how his team does tonight!