Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup coaching question

Featured Replies

I meant to say Wednesday night, not TOnight!

 

I don't see Biggs going to Greenup County.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Biggs going to Greenup County.

 

I might have gotten lost somewhere, but I believe GoRadio said the team was in the same District...so couldnt be Biggs.

Well, same district and playing on Wednesday night makes the puzzle easy to solve. With all the turmoil that perpetually surrounds Greenup County, would this be a wise move?

 

I still say it should be offered to Sutton first. He has earned the chance. But, then, maybe he doesn't want it.

  • Author

Sutton may do a fine job , but with any young prospect w/o head coaching experience you don't know for sure what you are getting. He may fantastic, He may not (see last hire) . Thats why at this time I'd lean towards a more experienced guy. Sutton is deserving but that spot may take a coach with wisedom beyond his years. time will tell LB

In one way whoever the next coach is at GCHS has got potentially one of the best places in the region to coach.

 

On the other hand, for reasons stated above I feel sorry for whoever may be named the head coach in "Muskie Ville".

Cheerleaders ? Greenup has cheerleaders ? never noticed ! :flame: LB

can you say 12 time national champion

 

If you want to place a blame for the timing of the turmoil, it goes squarely on the GC "braintrust".

I was not placing "All" the blame on the administration, Hicks as I have heard (again, from being an outsider) cetainly is not compltely innocent, I just don't think that he is completely to blame either. My statements were based on the history at GC since their consolidation and becoming a school in the early 70's. This imo is certainly nothing new.

can you say 12 time national champion

 

 

Since there seem to be numerous "national championship" competitions each year, which ones did GC win? Sometimes the process reminds one of the "Little Miss World" contest that was held annually at South Point, Ohio. Big time. Many in Greenup County see the cheerleaders as a pain in the posterior who, because of their graphic fundraising for their trips, etc., are holding back progress of other programs at the school.

 

I will agree that cheerleading is the sacred cow in that part of the county.

I might have gotten lost somewhere, but I believe GoRadio said the team was in the same District...so couldnt be Biggs.

I believe he is talking about Coach Joe Hampton.

Back to topic, if the coach in the same district that play tonight moves to Greenup and that mess, he will regret it for a long time. However, IF he survives politically, his coaching and Greenup's talent pool could create a major headache for the rest of the region.

I have heard a former GC player form the 80's and asst in the 90's could be interested in the job.

?????

I have talked with various people in administration and would not be surprised if the position goes to someone in the district in an administrative position right now. Right now the talk is about 90% done.......Waiting for the smoke to clear.:sssh:

I have talked with various people in administration and would not be surprised if the position goes to someone in the district in an administrative position right now. Right now the talk is about 90% done.......Waiting for the smoke to clear.:sssh:

I dont think that will happen but who knows.

Hearing some former GC coaches and players and a fellow with some pretty good postseason success.

?????

I have heard a former GC player form the 80's and asst in the 90's could be interested in the job.

?????

Would that leave some people feeling BLUE?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.