Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup coaching question

Featured Replies

When will the process start and any idea when a new what month a new coach might be named ? How long did it take them last time ? (to screw it up ) Does the school board vote and majority wins ? LB

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Greenup has been taking applications since the firing of Hicks. I would hope that they have a head coach named before summer ball starts. By your comment on screwing up, what are you refering to? The hiring of Hicks.:thumb: :thumb:

Wonder if Hicks will apply for the job. I would guess that he will, seeing some of his decisions in the past!!

How good could they be based on talent alone?

How good could they be based on talent alone?

I dont understand your statement, can you explain??

I dont understand your statement, can you explain??

Yep, lost me there too.:confused:

I think he just wants to know how much talent they have returning. A possible applicant maybe??????

Who in their right mind would apply for this position?

Who in their right mind would apply for this position?

I can understand you saying this considering the history of the GCHS administration. The GCHS job would be a good one for any coach considering the talent level of the kids. Unfotunately, it seems that politics rule down there. I am not saying that Hicks was the pefect employee, he certainly wasn't. I am just saying from a person looking at it from the outside/non GC fan there has always been a problem at GC with this kind of thing.

Yep, lost me there too.:confused:

I can't figure that one out either. :confused:

I can understand you saying this considering the history of the GCHS administration. The GCHS job would be a good one for any coach considering the talent level of the kids. Unfotunately, it seems that politics rule down there. I am not saying that Hicks was the pefect employee, he certainly wasn't. I am just saying from a person looking at it from the outside/non GC fan there has always been a problem at GC with this kind of thing.

 

Oldrambler is right on target. If the Greenup County season was disrupted by all the controversy, keep in mind which bunch set the time table. It was the GC administration that chose to shoot its main bullet in mid-December. Hicks had nothing to do to cause that fiasco because, whatever sins Hicks allegedly committed (if any), they were done long, long before that.

 

If you want to place a blame for the timing of the turmoil, it goes squarely on the GC "braintrust".

Oldrambler is right on target. If the Greenup County season was disrupted by all the controversy, keep in mind which bunch set the time table. It was the GC administration that chose to shoot its main bullet in mid-December. Hicks had nothing to do to cause that fiasco because, whatever sins Hicks allegedly committed (if any), they were done long, long before that.

 

If you want to place a blame for the timing of the turmoil, it goes squarely on the GC "braintrust".

Man, speaking of oxymorons!!!!:scared:

The name I am hearing for this job is a familiar one in the 16th region. Now coaches at a district opponent to Greenup Co!

The name I am hearing for this job is a familiar one in the 16th region. Now coaches at a district opponent to Greenup Co!

 

I would think that Sutton deserves the opportunity. Being a part of the system and loyalty should count for something. Of course, that has never been a criteria at Greenup County.

 

We should remember that the controversy is only about basketball. Can you imagine the absolute turmoil if it involved the cheerleaders? ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.