Gerald Henderson

Hangman

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler should have never been in the game @ that point. Mistake by Roy.

I don't get this...Mike Copeland was at the scorer's table waiting to come in for Tyler. And this wasn't a blowout, they were only up 12 with about a minute to go.

From the leader of men:

"The game was over before that," he said. "I mean the outcome of the game, let's put it that way. That's unfortunate, too, that those people were in the game in that play. Maybe this wouldn't have happened."

Nice show of leadership and responsibility.

Pat Forde:

After viewing the replay several times, I agree that the blow to the face did not appear to be intentional. Henderson was going to block Hansbrough's shot, then Hansbrough's arm was pulled down and the ball flew out and Henderson's forearm smashed Psycho T's face. This was not a premeditated knockout.

However, Henderson appeared to be going in with the intent to deliver an enthusiastically hard foul. There is a place in the game for hard fouls, for forcefully preventing easy baskets, for occasionally planting an opponent on his rear end.

But when the hard foul goes wrong, for whatever reason, you run the risk of it accidentally turning into assault and battery. Like this.

He already had two defenders on him. This was much more than just "forcefully preventing easy baskets"...
I think 'the intent to deliver an enthusiastically hard foul' covered that. Henderson went up to send a message, the play got messed up, and what happened to Psycho T went beyond his intent. That doesn't absolve Henderson, but it does mean that it wasn't a 'dirty play' in my book.

Tyler should have never been in the game @ that point. Mistake by Roy.

Duke was still pressing and calling timeouts with uder 1:00 to go in the game, which makes it hard to take your starters out.

Did Duke not come back from something like 9 points down to win a game a few years ago with 30 seconds or less left in the game?

I think 'the intent to deliver an enthusiastically hard foul' covered that. Henderson went up to send a message, the play got messed up, and what happened to Psycho T went beyond his intent. That doesn't absolve Henderson, but it does mean that it wasn't a 'dirty play' in my book.

If this is the equivalent of throwing a "purpose pitch" and accidentally hitting the batter in the jaw with the pitch, it's dirty. (Which to me that's what it sounds like you're saying...) You don't go high, there's plenty of midsection on a 6'9" basketball player...

Now that Forde has said that I say it was completely intentional!:lol:

Seriously, Henderson intentionally tried to foul Hansborough hard and wanted his elbow or forearm to hit Hansborough. I don't think he meant to do the damage that he did, but he did want to foul him very hard. And the way he attempted to go for the ball he thought he would get away with it.

I don't get this...Mike Copeland was at the scorer's table waiting to come in for Tyler. And this wasn't a blowout, they were only up 12 with about a minute to go.

Yeah I agree with you. I dont really have a problem with Hansborough being in or Donovan keeping his players in.