I guess the UK faithful now don't want Billy D as the next UK coach

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not missing it all. Am I upset that UK is losing? ABSOLUTELY and I agree with you. But like my dad, you guys seem to think that UK is some might magical place that HS recruits beat the door down to attend. THAT IS NOT ACCURATE. AND NEVER WAS unless they received an EMERY/FED EX package.

Billy D would have success at UK but to think that he would consistently repeat the success of 96-98 is mistaken.

And their coaching results that Billy D's recruits and teams lose in the first weekend many more times than he has success. WHY would you expect that to be any difference at UK?

Uh..because he just won a national championship with players he recruited...and wins the SEC again...

Oh yeah...and we stink...

Billy D has built a program and won a national championship. Tubby has taken a program at the VERY TOP and taken it to mediocrity. You can spin that simple fact any way you wish...

And yes I would trade that national championship for 4 years of frustration. UK is mired in 10 years of frustration and getting worse...

Didn't realize that 3 years of Elite 8 appearances was frustration. BTW, Tubby has been to DOUBLE the number of Elite 8's that Billy D has.

Tubby has been to DOUBLE the number of Sweet 16 appearances as Billy D has.

Do I expect MORE from UK than a Sweet 16 appearance? ABSOLUTELY.

But Billy D has not shown that he can consistently deliver that. From your post, I take that ONLY national championships will satisfy you. That is unrealistic.

Didn't realize that 3 years of Elite 8 appearances was frustration. BTW, Tubby has been to DOUBLE the number of Elite 8's that Billy D has.

Tubby has been to DOUBLE the number of Sweet 16 appearances as Billy D has.

Do I expect MORE from UK than a Sweet 16 appearance? ABSOLUTELY.

But Billy D has not shown that he can consistently deliver that. From your post, I take that ONLY national championships will satisfy you. That is unrealistic.

Is not losing 25 games in 2 years unrealistic? Is expecting Tubby to get to a final 4 ONCE IN HIS LIFE WITH PLAYERS HE RECRUITED unrealistic? You are used to losing and don't want to do anything about it...a place I never want to be...

He lost to LSU without Glenn Davis and for all intent and purposes was blown out and we have learned through the UK threads that this is unacceptable.

He lost to UT at UT and Florida was for all intent and purposes blown out in that game. And we have learned that is not acceptable in the UK threads.

They lost to Vandy in a game they were for all intent and purposes beaten soundly. And we have learned that is not acceptable in the UK threads.

And all of this as what should be a #1 team in the nation.

Billy with all parts returning from a national championship team was not able to run the gamut and have an undefeated SEC season. Something that Tubby was ABLE to do. Since he cannot match Tubby's success with what is considered by so many of the UK faithful as a better recruiting job than Tubby has ever done, he must not be as good of a coach as Tubby.

So based upon the grumblings of the UK faithful, Billy D should not be considered a candidate if Tubby was to leave.:sssh: ;)

This is a joke...

Why would Billy D want to leave Florida for UK???? I just dont see that happening. He built Florida basketball to were it is today.... has a title. Why leave the warm, fuzzy confines of Florida for the fishbowl of UK basketball. And by the way, he would have to rebuild UK as well.... He is making a name for himself and making Florida his legacy. Why jump to UK and ruin all that for a chance to coach UK, heavin forbid if he was to lose a game.... Working hard, getting good results, being paid a gracious salary, full support of the fan base, warm weather year round, attractive campus and coeds for recruiting...... Its a no brainer..... Billy D will not leave Florida for UK.....

Uh..because he just won a national championship with players he recruited...and wins the SEC again...

Oh yeah...and we stink...

So one year wipes out the previous years' failures with the players he recruited?

So, if Tubby would have won ONE MORE game any of those Elite 8 years, would he be looked at differently? Let's say Bogans doesn't hurt his ankle and they win that game, he is looked at differently?

Is not losing 25 games in 2 years unrealistic? Is expecting Tubby to get to a final 4 ONCE IN HIS LIFE WITH PLAYERS HE RECRUITED unrealistic? You are used to losing and don't want to do anything about it...a place I never want to be...

Can you see past what you want to see and I see that I AM DISAPPOINTED with this season too?

But I don't have these rose-colored glasses on that change the coach and we are going to always be 96-98. That has happened TWICE in the history of UK. More often than not, a national championship has occurred somewhere in the every 10-15 year range.

So one year wipes out the previous years' failures with the players he recruited?

So, if Tubby would have won ONE MORE game any of those Elite 8 years, would he be looked at differently? Let's say Bogans doesn't hurt his ankle and they win that game, he is looked at differently?

Yeah IF...

IF Tubby would not lose 13 games a year, IF he could get to the final 4 with his players, IF he wouldn't lose 4 in a row to Vandy, 5 in a row to Florida, AND COUNTING, IF AND ON AND ON...he would be looked at differently...

Quit playing "what if" and just concentrate on the cold, hard, simple facts...

Can you see past what you want to see and I see that I AM DISAPPOINTED with this season too?

But I don't have these rose-colored glasses on that change the coach and we are going to always be 96-98. That has happened TWICE in the history of UK. More often than not, a national championship has occurred somewhere in the every 10-15 year range.

There you go making up stuff again. No one is saying were are always going to be 96-98. No one is even saying anything remotely resembling that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah IF...

IF Tubby would not lose 13 games a year, IF he could get to the final 4 with his players, IF he wouldn't lose 4 in a row to Vandy, 5 in a row to Florida, AND COUNTING, IF AND ON AND ON...he would be looked at differently...

Quit playing "what if" and just concentrate on the cold, hard, simple facts...

No "what if." Let's look at facts.

WITH player's he recruited (because that is important to you) and with a schedule that is consistently easier than UK's, Billy D's Florida teams average 9.8 losses per year and more often than not flames out the first weekend of the tournament. (Only 3 appearances PAST the first weekend.)

Tubby's teams have averaged less than 7.9 losses per season and more often than not have played deep into the 2nd weekend of the tournament. (6 appearances in the 2nd weekend or further.)